Introduce Yourself and Share Your Plans (SERIOUS)

I stole him fully non vest protected. I went in there and pulled the guy out.
Extraction.

He owes me now

1 Like

That has to be worth a kidney at least.

@kpimmel - get clear terms in place. make sure that vig he’s charging has an explicit end date - from the little bit i know of @Dareno the boy plays dumb but its a ruse to distract you…

2 Likes

This part is genuine.

1 Like

Welcome Molly.

We have a number of speed demons here who will be eager watch videos of your 70+mph downhill action. Some of the folks here are breaking 55mph UPhill and some even faster on the flats of WA. looking forward to your contributions!

2 Likes

rad! share what you got! i guess i assumed you had some videos like these

or

or

2 Likes

yo thats dope. what do u do there?

1 Like

What’s up y’all, my name’s August! I’m a bartender in North Carolina. There’s tons of hills where I live which is dope for downhill but not so dope for commuting via longboard, which is why I’m trying to get my first build together. The plan right now is a modest 12s4p dual 6374 board, but would like to get into the raceboard side of things eventually. Long time lurker on the other forum, but have since migrated like the rest.
Glad to be here! :grin:

6 Likes

Welcome, man. Nothing modest about a 12s4p dual 6374. Please note: no matter what he says, it’s not mandatory to buy “esk8 insurance” from @zach

4 Likes

Aye Arizona gang!

welcome! stoked to see your build, what deck to you have your eye on?

2 Likes

I’m using an Evo 40, I’ve been skating on it for a year or so and fell in love. I’ve seen some builds on here with it that are sick. In the process of getting the motors mounted forwards while keeping the deck angles right currently. I think I’ve almost got it but I’ll have to see what it’s like once the enclosure comes in.

3 Likes

rad! i have an eboosted enclosure on an evo36, and couldn’t be happier.

2 Likes

Hell yeah, seems like he’s the go-to for evos. Should have mine coming in the mail soon, so incredibly stoked

2 Likes

But I’ll save you 20% in 10 minutes

3 Likes

Hi all!
I’m a mech eng grad now design engineer full time from UK excited to design and build a board I can cruise around the quiet country lanes where I live!
I’m looking forward to getting stuck in learning from this forum and seeing what everyone else is building!

I’ve been reading about esk8 for a while with intent to build something fairly simple:

• Single 6374 motor
  • 16 / 36 pulley drive
  • Caliber II trucks
  • Flexibility for MBS and ABEC Flywheel-ish wheels!
  • A vesc of some kind!
  • Vacuum formed enclosue (maybe)

I’m looking forward to learning some basic electronics, and possibly coding. I am also currently learning Fusion 360 (Cause free :D) so I can develop my own parts! Coming from Solidworks that I use daily at work, I find it super weird but I’m sure I’ll get the hang of it soon! Anyone else made this transition?

Can’t wait to share what I build!

7 Likes

I’ve tried making the transition from fusion to solid works. it’s hard :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome man! Solidworks are currently being dicks and trying to charge us double for our work license so we’re exploring other options. Moving to fusion 360 is weird.

The guys who made solidworks before selling it to the French now have a new program that allows you to set up your UI really well so it can look like lots of familiar programs. It’s called Onshape if you’re interested.

1 Like

Welcome, Ben!

1 Like

Wonder if Onshape will come to profesional cading workplaces. It’s either f360/SW now right?

Also hi.
Adomas from Lituania.

Am a delivery boi on esk8.
Progress by rules of false economy and thus had a literal shitpile (~11) of commercial eboards. My place kinda reminds a museum. Gave a couple away as gifts as if im daddy Elon.
Could do a thread on them someday but not diy, so would be barelly legal here.

Have the spending habbit for a year now.
Lving in this safe 42kmh max speed bubble for ±10k km.

Now am woke and inspired by this forum and started spending on parts instead of completes.

My diy should come together by the midsummer if battery baking wont get too crispy.

3 Likes