2023 🏁 Western USA Esk8 Racing

@kook I updated the Dump rd.

2 Likes

@MoeStooge
how long are these runs?
I’m kickin around the idea of building a race board, trying to see if I need more than 5 miles range :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

All this left side right side is making me feel real left out :frowning:

2 Likes

Uphill- longer runs are in the 3.5 mile range. Shorter hills are in the 1mile + range. @Arzamenable has a good uphill setup using conventional vesc and comunity sourced equipment.
My stuff runs decent as well. Grip power and stability will get you up the hill on the quick.

7 Likes

I should be able to make this one. :+1:

5 Likes

@mccloed @JaysTCB and myself made some Up hill test hits on the fastest course in the DH California Outlaw Series. 1mile 9% grade hill with gentle curves. The DH freeride and racing was excellent as well as the vibe.
The balancing job on the 155mm pnumatics paid off and made for a smooth ride over 45mph.

7 Likes

Uphill racing happening this Sunday.
Test and Freeride on Saturday

6 Likes

Wish I could make it… But work calls… Buggy-d0rk racing in San Felipe this weekend… Faak… I just drove by Barrett yesterday… Pavement is gnar-gnar as ever!

3 Likes

say hi to my parents!

My dad is co-piloting a truck in the 18 class this weekend in the San Felipe Desert Mayhem 175. Aguilar racing.

2 Likes

I will… we have a bunch of 16 cars going… Mayhem is such a kewl low-key fun event!

braaaap braaaap

4 Likes

Podium, Season Opener Barrett Junction 2020. Mario Chacon, Jason Lucier, Mike Arzamendi
Had 8 racers take the hill. Thank you to all who raced the hill. :metal::checkered_flag:

Great pics by Brad T Miller

19 Likes

:checkered_flag: Jason Lucier :checkered_flag: perseverance.
After a hill mishap head-on crash with a Luge.
After repairing a bent Board, Wheel, Motor mounts and two axels.
Sending it on a banged up leg he could barely stand on.
THIS! is the definition of Perseverance.
Jason Lucier is a Racer.

11 Likes

For whoever is interested their is pics from the aftermath of @JaysTCB leg on his IG.

2 Likes

Next Uphill race!

4 Likes

I saw that video where that Luge crashed into you on youtube. Incredible you were able to walk away from that, Skatan must have been looking out for you that day!

2 Likes

Already got the time off requested. I’ll be there :metal:

5 Likes

Post link to said video, or pm

IT’S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN! :mountain::skateboard:
Spring 2020 edition of the Bakersfield Outlaw will go down at Round Mountain Rd. Bakersfield CA. Round Mountain was repaved recently and is a great hill for all skill levels, come skate and if you’re feeling froggy, race!

DON’T BURN THE MOUNTAIN DOWN.
EVERYONE MUST SIGN A WAIVER.
HAND SIGNALS.
USE COMMON SENSE.

Full Face Helmet and Gloves.
Leathers are encouraged and will be required as well as a full face helmet in order to race Pro Luge and Pro Skateboard!
Cost Per Category:
(All event fees go back into podiums, photographers, and shuttle vehicle)
• $20 Pro Luge.
• $20 Pro Skateboard.
• $20 Am Skateboard
• $20 Women’s Skateboard
• $20 Women’s Luge
• $20 FreeRiding for anyone not interested in racing. (This cash will go to the shuttle vehicle).

PROHIBITED:
IDF Rules Apply.
Anything I find unsuitable for gravity racing which includes but is not limited to…
Chain Maile, Speed Suits, “Ballast”, weighted boards, boards with more than 4 wheels, shoe covers, aero kits, body fairings, bad attitudes.
ALSO, NO WRENCHING.
1 set of wheels for the race, start to finish.

EVENT SCHEDULE:

Saturday, February 29th:
Skate all day near Bakersfield.
(Not a mandatory event day, we just skating)
(Not at the event hill)

Sunday, March 1st:

On the hill at 8am for Registration.
Skating 9am till whenever y’all are done!
Yes there will be a race.

Also Parking Garages Sunday Night at 7pm.

If there are any other qualms, concerns, dietary requests, and/or constructive criticism please feel free to message me and we’ll get it cleared up.
Also if you or your company is interested in sponsoring this event please contact me at engelskates@gmail.com
Thank you all and I can’t wait to see your shining faces on race day!

Uphill is Run what Cha Brung and Freeride. 20.00
Safety equipment required
PIN DROP:
https://goo.gl/maps/iBfFtU5PFf6hXmoM6
Uphill race will be held on March 1rst
8am sign Ins. I hear Hoyt St will be present for the hill race on Sunday.

7 Likes

Damn dude, I hope you are alright!

1 Like

Bako14 happening March 1st. Up-hill esk8 Race and free ride. This is a Up-hill race at a Down-Hill Race event with the California Outlaw SERIES (check their Facebook page for INFO times, dates and location )

Round Mountain Rd
Round Mountain Rd, Bakersfield, CA 93308
https://maps.app.goo.gl/zFAqYYxf4T5jDmni7

5 Likes