INTERVENTION!!! thread.

I don’t think this could be said any better. Perfectly fucking illustrated.

1 Like

I’m captain obvious after all.

1 Like

You sure about that??

2 Likes

The builder community, yeah, though admittedly that’s definitely far from true if we’re talking about esk8 in general, especially from a “legal” standpoint.
I think everyone arguing here has pretty much if not directly stated that their reasoning was that Monty would make private custom builders look bad, but that’s still a very relevant distinction.

1 Like

Never question the hyperbole. :joy:

2 Likes

And also never hyperbolate the question. :exploding_head:

I don’t see it as bad rep for builders more as sorry for some poor soul out there getting a shitty board if things go south. All my boards have had something I call just good enough but if I look at it from a professional vending view there are things I would clean up so the dumbest and roughest customer would have no problems. There’s always room to improve, however small it may be.

All I’m saying is perhaps it’s best to wait a bit and keep perfecting what you know and trying new things before turning over work to customers.

5 Likes

It’s more of a, kid reached out for help, I will help

5 Likes

I’m a firm believer in motivation being a rare herb that we should all support and cultivate. There will be weeds, but it’s best to at least wait to see the mature crop before deeming it such.

3 Likes

Is it time again?

11 Likes

It never stopped burning, you’s guys are counting off while you could be roasting marshmallows.

1 Like

I just wonder how the conversation will go…

“Hi, I’d like to build you a device that has the very real potential to maim you, kill you, burn your house down, or all three!”

“Cool! What experience do you have?”

“None.”

“…”

you-son-of-a-bitch-im-in

11 Likes

But you’re starting with a weed, not an herb.

You spend more time here than anyone. Haven’t you seen how @AviatorEsk8er has handled himself? How do you think that will manifest itself when there’s a customer service issue?

BUT you’re absolutely right about one thing: I have nothing on the line here, so I’ll leave it at that.

1 Like

Yup, and respect for that.

4 Likes

When there is a customer service issue, I will make it right. I will stand by my work.

2 Likes

I like the “when” not the “if” :laughing: yeah this is also the difficult part of starting out and doing free or near free builds, you may end up upside down on a build if an issue that needs fixing arises. And saying “well I only charged you so much” isn’t going to help.

4 Likes

you’re saying this to a forum full of DIY builders lmao

his parents*

If it is an issue, it will bite him. I don’t feel the need to. I’ve interacted with dude in one singular virtual environment, I don’t pretend I know the real him or his work ethic. I genuinely hope he succeeds, as there may in fact end up being a weird fringe benefit for me. Or not. But I don’t stomp on dreams. Dreams are generally harmless. If he was actively making boards that I personally considered to be a danger to people, now that, I’d definitely have a bit of a problem with, and if things play out like that I would be happy to discuss why.
But you know what doesn’t help this community at all? Shitting on what people pursue. This is the only decent esk8 bar in the world, keep that shit in the bathroom with the cocaine.

1 Like

Nooo haha. I’m a big boy. Don’t talk about my parents now please.