Inexpensive Remote in 2020

Hi everyone.

Just found out that my nano receiver is dead, in im curious is there any good and inexpensive remotes?

I had 3d printed gt2b - broke it when i felled off the board - it was good but ugly
nyko kama - good looking, many buttons, but signal sucks as hell
nano remote - signal was not as good as gt2b, but good enough. receiver just became dead for no reason

Flipsky VX1… the best value for money reliable remote imo

9 Likes

The mini remote is pretty solid in every way except when it’s being slammed into concrete, and you can get them for $15 shipped. There are people who go 50mph on those babies 🤷

9 Likes

Benchwheel FTW

Vx2 big more expensive but awesome remote

ÂŁ40 in a group buy and best remote I have used

+1 for mini remote survived lots of abuse with minimal degredation in performance.

6 Likes

Mini remote is my jam

4 Likes

The mini remote is solid. The avio mod makes it even better

7 Likes

Mini remote for the win!!! Never had an issue with signal loss and VERY much prefer trigger control vs thumbwheels

4 Likes

Both the VX1 and Nano remotes are cheap and decent. They are NOT race quality though. If you want a race quality and dependable remote the Hoyt Puck is the least expensive option as well as arguably the best option. I mean, most people spend 1500 to 2500 bucks on a build, is 130 bucks really out of the question?

6 Likes
6 Likes

adding: i tried to pair nano transmitter with flysky receiver - but no luck. well it did get paired, but signal weak as hell, max 10cm range. i did even changed an antennas, any combinations its not working for me.

You need to set up the antennas length (exposed unshielded part of the wire) based on the frequency wave length of the transmitter. I have no idea what it is but that’s what you’d need to adjust to get it to work.

Also I agree with @mmaner here. I’ve used the wand, vx2, Puck nano and the mini and in terms of best overall the Puck is just awesom. There is no fancy screens or anything but it feels the best and is super rust too. The Vx1 comes in second if you want something a little cheaper that still works great though.

Hoyt Puck is inexpensive. Shit gets expensive when you crash and break body and/or components due to your remote. That won’t happen with the Puck.

6 Likes

Minis have been reliable for me, very cheap. If you need one near the UK I could send you one for very cheap but may be as cheap to get one from eBay or Ali.

7 Likes

Vx1 gives you the option to buy it for vesc 4, vesc 6, and non vesc… Which would be the unity?

1 Like

One more vote for the mini. Lots of mods available.

The only con for it is the power switch plastic nub will break after a few hundred uses even if you’re careful. If you can swap the switch to a more reliable one, it’s perfect.

3 Likes

It’s not even the fact it will break, it’s just the fact it’s so fucking poorly placed you’ll accidentally hit it on and make your board do dumb things when talking to random street girls

4 Likes

where? i haven’t found them that cheap.

What is “race” quality?
Any difference between those and normal remotes?
Or it’s just advertising, like those “performance” fuel we could find in the gas station.

1 Like