Inexpensive Remote in 2020

When you are going fast it works without fail. If you fall on it, it still works without fail. If you drop in your glass of metamucil, it still works, ask @BillGordon :grin:.

5 Likes

I still use a nano v2 on all my boards. Never had a drop.

Ebay 6 months ago

1 Like

another vote for VX1 $40 shipped and has speed modes and battery indicator!

2 Likes

unlike the rest of these guys, iā€™m no good as a skater. an old man who got a board to commute, never skated before, not athletic, no core stability and ankle strength. as a result i go down hard more often than iā€™d like.

i donā€™t know where you at but healthcare is really expensive here in the united states, especially on my wage.

hoyt puck is the cheapest radio system for my use case. i hope you donā€™t have to use your radio transmitter as a slide puck like i do.

8 Likes

Like I said, fallen / crashed once due to the remote, is already more expensive than the Hoyt Puck by far.

3 Likes

Oh I see how it be. :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

lmao thats totally you hahahahahha

Miniā€¦for sureā€¦3 boards running with them, best remote for the priceā€¦All with cheap usb rechargable batteries from Amazonā€¦

1 Like

vx1 for basic, just got the vx2 and itā€™s really good.

2 Likes

Nothing but mini remote for me, never had it fail on me. Been riding for more than 3 years. Also, I donā€™t see the point of a remote with displays. I am riding, not watching the stock market go down. If I really need to debug something, I take my phone out and connect to vesc tool or metr app.

3 Likes

just get a Hoyt puck lolā€¦ might not be considered ā€œcheapā€ but will be worth it

3 Likes

Just use PPM with the unity tbh, it uses its own vesc software version which fucks with UART. Depending on who you get it from, the VX1 can ship with all cables in it.

2 Likes

I have never used the display on the vx2

I bought it for the thumbwheel

I know everyone said this but mini REMOTE! for the win :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I love that thing to bits.
I crashed once with it and the remote flew like 15,20 meters out and it was fine.

1 Like

If you are really careful, the Mini Remote switches seem to not break. But you have to operate it like itā€™s made from glass. EVERY time.

After breaking so many switches then changing the way I operate them, I havenā€™t broken any more in at least the last year. Even the old worn-out ones.

Itā€™s all in the execution.

I do wish the switches were better though, only problem imho

Also the Mini Remotes have never failed on me from rain or water, and Iā€™ve never taken any additional waterproofing steps on any of them :100:

3 Likes

My VX2.1 was destroyed by rain
I have 2 x VX1 stuffed with 1200mah battery. Also waterproofed the pcb and battery in both. I never looked at vx2 while riding. So my vote goes to vx1. Cheap and cheerful and my avio remote is super nice based on mini remote. Going to build a chubby soon as well but the remote I really want is @DerelictRobot new remote.

4 Likes

Nobody gt2b with 3d case mod ?
6 yr of use, still my fav. Around 20/25ā‚¬ maybe.

2 Likes

I need one like yesterday. Itā€™s a potential long wait Via eBay or ali. If you have one and donā€™t mind sending it to Denmark that would be great?

Thanks. according to responses above this is my choice for cheap with great signal