Meepo Parts for Sale!

1 Like

Yo we don’t tolerate stuff like this :rage:

8 Likes

Can someone say what a fair price for this would be? And what it would cost to make it work?

I was thinking $125 US, and another $200-250 to make it work…

I’d consider buying as it’d be cool to have a city board…

Hub motors scare after reading so much yeah talk on them though lol. I could probably Frankenstein it with some other skate trucks and wheels I’ve already got…

1 Like

I think a fair price is $300 shipped as shipping is going to cost like $60. You just need a few parts to get it working. Of course, I have a biased opinion in this case. I priced it at $300 shipped by asking a few reputable members of the forum and listening to their advice.

i mean hey, i’m not the one low ballin here

i ended up selling em to other people at a loss :man_shrugging:

you should try it too!

7 Likes

@xsynatic

Can we get a “Shady” marketplace?

To jail these kind of threads and/or users

6 Likes

I’ve had numerous purchases and sales on the forums, all of which I’ve had 0 problems with.

that dun mean people don’t have problems with yours :wink:

6 Likes

They don’t since I truthfully advertise what I am selling. Just seems like you have a problem with me.

It’s clear that you haven’t purchased anything used yet in your life.

It’s 50$ for a new remote. 30$ for a front truck. 30$ for front wheels. 25$ for a new charger. All from meepo. Then factor in shipping cost from meepo, shipping is only free when you order a full board. A full board costs 400$ shipped new from them.

400-50-30-30-25=265$ - shipping from meepo for accessories, lets say 250$ shipped is what would make your price the same as meepos, and that’s even with assuming you won’t have to pay tax. You usually have to pay tax when ordering accessories and not a full board. + Assembly requires a bit of an effort from the buyer… Even at this price everyone would just buy it from meepo.

To sell this board, you need to lower the price to be lower than meepo’s after you calculate in everything. So you would need something lower than 250$. Lower enough, that people will want to take a risk, and want to order from a random dude over the internet, instead of a trusted company.

Now, ordering from a random dude over the internet involves a much higher risk than ordering from a trusted company. The buyer also has to make an effort in order to complete the board, which for a DIYer ain’t much, but the cost should reflect some labor. To compensate the buyer for taking a risk, you should cut roughly 30% of the cost of what the buyer would pay if buying it new and directly from a trusted company. 400*0.3=120. 250-120=130$.

So, a realistic price that would sell, is 130$ shipped, maybe you could list it at 150$ and accept a slight lowball from a potential buyer. I highly doubt you will get a better offer than that from any educated people who have experience in buying second hand stuff.

25 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to write it out.

16 Likes

Hahaha… why would I do that. Just the battery costs $130. Some things going for me in this sale are that Meepo’s shipping time is horrible. It takes weeks to months to receive anything from them. Some people may have parts laying around to complete this board. It’s also a perfect board for someone who needs a good base to start customizing.

FYI, front wheels are included in the sale. Thanks for the write-up. Hope I haven’t wasted too much of your valuable time.

I’ve sent you an offer in DM that you didn’t reply to yet, and to answer this part:

you’d do it because you said it’s priced to sell because you need cash. If you’re looking to liquidate assets quickly to pay a bill, you price low to make sure it sells and you have something to pay the bill even if it’s not exactly what you’re looking for. That, and you will not get close to new pricing for used gear.

4 Likes

you ain’t the factory,
once something leaves the lot, it immediately loses value, and especially in our little world, it loses a good chunck of value

11 Likes

it has been 2 days, i see no free item. what’s going on here

10 Likes

Didn’t receive any DM.

1 Like

Oh shit you’re right sorry

Okay, with front wheels 160 for sell and 180 listing is reasonable. Long shipping times? Buyer still needs items from meepo to complete the board. If people have those parts, than shipping it fast can worth maybe an extra 20$.

Why would you sell that low? Because you want someone to take it. You should be looking at cost from the buyers perspective, not the sellers. The company sells you replacement parts at a higher cost, than what those parts costed you when you bought the board. The buyer is also taking a risk when purchasing from you. You need the buyer to justify that risk, and that won’t happen without a reasonably low price.

It’s your call what you price it at. I am just telling you how the second hand market works, in general.

2 Likes

Yes, I understand. Thank you.

3 Likes

Oh now now we’re all bastards at some point.

7 Likes