Meepo Parts for Sale!

Oh now now we’re all bastards at some point.

7 Likes

Maybe because pretty much every post in this thread other than yours is more like “Hahaha… why would I buy that.”

This is a perfect example of the two extremes you see on any online/community marketplace: the sellers who want to milk as much money out of a sale as you possibly can, and the buyers who lowball as hard as possible. Neither ever happens. What realistically happens is the seller eventually gets their head (pride) out of their ass and lowers the price until it’s 50-70% of what it would cost someone to buy it new (or cheaper depending on product and condition). Then they finally sell it after wasting no one else’s time but their own.

You have multiple threads and multiple posts where people are pointing out how your pricing doesn’t make any sense. I’m all for sticking to your guns if you think you’re in the right, but mayyyyybe it’s time to listen to the majority of the people here? A lot of us have been doing this a long time and know what these things are worth.

6 Likes

Lmao honestly it’s just kind of funny how hard he’s trying to keep the prices the same

I don’t think reddit even agreed haha

5 Likes

I now offer 80 for the lot. I said I could go lower. Higher? Not so much.

2 Likes

The same? I’ve been lowering it to get it to sell dude.

Kind sir, I am listening to what others think. In fact, I priced it like this based on the advice of well-respected forum members. Not quite sure what I did wrong here.

You’re much better off parting it out on a Meepo page in my opinion. Most people here would only consider these parts for a knock around board so won’t pay top dollar. There’s a FB Meepo group for example.

I agree with most people here in saying you still need to drop prices to sell here. If you want $300 part it out to Meepo users.

You can get top dollar on this forum if you have something unique or out of stock, neither of which you do. Or maybe if you live super close to someone in need of parts quickly. Good luck with it.

2 Likes

For the record, I just bought a meepo 1.5 for get this, $0. The dude even delivered it to me. Nobody on Reddit is buying it, so ya know it’s not worth anything.

That and a $100 focbox unity and I have a fully functioning meepo for a third of what you’re asking

3 Likes

A different forum than this one, I’m guessing?

“Wrong” might not be the word for it, but I think it’s been discussed here and in your other threads too.

Bottom line: your prices are too high. $450 (with shipping) for a brand new Meepo V3 with warranty and everything, or $300 from you, plus $114 for all the missing stuff from Meepo ($29 truck, $60 remote, $25 charger), plus assembly by user. So the user “saves” $36 for something they have to source/assemble themselves. That is not how you price used things.

I realize this is a DIY forum, and lots of users (including myself) have tons of spare parts lying around, but the whole point of buying a Meepo is that you can get a decent board 100% assembled and ready to go for cheap. Once a Meepo has been used/disassembled though, it’s no longer worth anything near what a complete one is, cause then the whole point/idea behind a Meepo board is lost.

5 Likes

The people I asked are from this forum haha.

And I understand what you mean. Thanks for that.

1 Like

I’ll sell meepo hubs + esc + remote for 50 bucks including shipping.

And that is still expensive imo.
Try fb, this is a diy forum full of insanely bright people that know how much stuff is really worth.

3 Likes

I’ll take 'em :wink:

1 Like

Dumb question but if you’re actually selling hubs cheap I’ll buy em, I made an offer on these ones but shipping across the pond is a pain so no dice

I’m also across a smaller pond.

I was not kidding. He who can send me a postage label first gets it.
I’m from belgium

1 Like

:eyes: Yeah… Which hubs… Me wants some hubs

@mr.shiteside won
Sorry guys.

@AviatorEsk8er now that is what I call “priced to sell”

Hope this was a valuable lesson for you.

8 Likes

14 Likes

@AviatorEsk8er

Your meepo parts are commodities just like other commercially available parts. Without going into a detailed economics lesson about supply and demand curves, Meepo parts are well known and easily sourced, unlike custom parts from niche esk8 suppliers, which generally have high demand and low supply availability. This often means they have a high price.

Meepo parts are the opposite of this. Being mass produced, and not having the performance that DIYers (on this forum at least) generally seek, they are comparatively high supply and low demand, leading to a comparatively low price.

Whatever you’re trying to sell, the market value of an item is what people are willing and able to pay. While you might sell them on this forum for the price you are asking, this would be highly unlikely.

As @Dinnye noted, a builder will make a rational decision based on their best interests, and this would include buying individual parts new if it was more cost effective.

2 Likes

eff mee. always too late for good deals :’(

2 Likes

Bump. Willing to part out!