Herringbone Gears Avio MK2 Gear Drive

Right on. Good on you guys for forgoing immediate funds to keep previous customers riding. Goes a long way to build confidence as a consumer.

4 Likes

Hey I would be interested in the 2nd hand items but wanted the whole setup - trucks, wheels, motors, 15T, etc. let me know.

Good for you and look forward to the next batch.

Palmer from PDX

Just wanted to chime in… I am riding those for a month now. I really like them. I’ve ridden about 400km now.

The only issue I had is that one of the 6 small screws holding the cover got its thread screwed while tightening it, and I was really really gentle with it… But I thing the remaining 5 will do the job just fine.

Anyone designed a hub mount for bigger hub/tires then the Berg’s?

@Linny

Jeff modelled an adapter but its for the MK1 gear drive. I printed it in PLA+ and used trampa superstars on them with the 8mm bearing conversion spacer. Sunmates fit on there as well.

4 Likes

So other than buying used, how does one go about getting one’s hands on a Mk2 drive these days? Any ETA on when production will startup again? Mk3 in the works?

4 Likes

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried automotive wheel bearing grease in these gearboxes? Or is the standard practice still to use white lithium grease?

1 Like

Hi @avX
Could you please check your PM?

Are these still in production or for sale anywhere?

As far as I know @haggyboard.timo was reselling those, but he was moving his businesses from Taiwan to Europe for more than a year now…

I am actively riding a pair of this drive and managed to get a spare gear about 8-10 months ago. But unfortunately I don’t see a bright future ahead of this product.

Moondrives by @moon coukd be better bet.

2 Likes

Yeah I was looking at moon drives too! Afiak those wouldn’t work with my kahuas though right? I’d need new trucks and hubs?

1 Like

Yup new trucks and hubs.

1 Like

I’m running a pair of mk1 drives with herringbone gears. They’re still working perfectly.

2 Likes

Wow!

This was exactly what I was looking for!

Do you reckon I could install the drive on these trucks: 15.22 Inches Double Kingpin Trucks for DIY Electric Skateboard | Longb – FLIPSKY?
(I want to use larger motors, these trucks would accommodate them)
Also, what do you think about using 115mm rubber wheels (Electric Skateboard Wheels by ONSRA - 115mm Rubber Airless – ONSRA Europe)?

1 Like

These drives only fit the Haggy Kahua trucks, the max you can fit on these would be 6384 motors. The Onsra wheels are somewhat Kegel core so it should fit with the hybrid adapter.

2 Likes

I am curious - what makes the Kahua trucks fit?
By the looks of the schematics/images of both trucks, they it seems like it would work with both.
I guess it’s worth a try…

Hey @Linny
Have you tried 6384’s? They didn’t look like they fit for me, but I didn’t mock it. I think the baseplate was the issue, even with adjustable baseplates.

1 Like

Nope, have not tried 6384s, i did 6355s on mine. Theoretically if you set the angle on the baseplate to be low-ish, say 30 deg or so, it should clear.

1 Like

I’ll check but I seem to remember my 74’s barely fitting in that orientation. Maybe because I’m reverse mounted.