Herringbone Gears Avio MK2 Gear Drive

I assembled Kahua trucks, Avio Mk2, Haggy 6374s, and Bergmeisters today. Everything fit together cleanly and easily. Great instructional video. I have to admit, when it arrived the number of parts in the box was intimidating but it didn’t take long at all to assemble.

It will be a while before I complete this build and ride on them but so far I am very happy with my purchase.

10 Likes

Hope you’ll be happier when you take it for a spin (:

2 Likes

How’d it work out?

2 Likes

Adapter looks good, had to print some spacers too, waiting on some bearings cause one side is on the 8mm shaft while the other is on the 12mm

1 Like

Did anyone get TB 6380’s working with these? The set I ordered had the motor gear wiggle on it for both motors. About 1mm of tolerance difference. Really don’t want to have to red loctite the gear on… :frowning: , Timo provided a 6370’s that fit, but really wanted to use these. Also, what did you guys do to prevent scratches on it? After a single day of going over small potholes/normal riding the 3D printed protectors ripped off.

Try getting a 3mm x 4mm keyway, and grind the keyway down to about 3.3~3.5mm for it to fit snugly.

1 Like

How do i get the keyway out…its been grinded to the length and redloctited in. :frowning:

1 Like

I would say your best bet would be a set of pliers and a torch…

another idea: perhaps ask @torqueboards if he has 2x replacement motor shafts.
I would assume he would have a couple

1 Like

@badname This should fix it.

Butane torch will work and it’s fairly cheap. Heat the shaft up a little ( about 15secs ), to melt the loctite, and when it’s hot, use a pair of pliers to gently wiggle the key loose.

1 Like

Like @avX mentions, get a big torch, not one of those small creme brulee kitchen ones. Heat it up on the high setting untill you see smoke appearing. Maybe some types of loctite dont produce smoke, but heat it at least 20 seconds from my experience. Then immediately take an old towel or cloth, which is folded a few time on itself, wrap it around the gear and pull it of. Once you’ve seen magic smoke it should be fairly easy to pull off in a rotating motion.

Used a candle lighter (only thing I had on hand), took a couple of tries but was successful!

3 Likes

Here’s what I like to call my speed loader adapters for six shooters. Uses the same bolts and v-ring from the berg adapters.

17 Likes

Whoa dude! Those look amazing :heart_eyes:

1 Like

What did you print/make them in

1 Like

Thanks man :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Designed in Fusion360 and printed in ABS on an Ender 3. Taking them and a couple spares on a group ride tomorrow to see how they’ll hold up.

2 Likes

Nice maybe nylon or something stronger would be better

1 Like

I think ABS will hold up pretty well, especially since the bolts are taking most of the force and not the plastic, but I’m also not an engineer so who knows, lol

1 Like