Don’t use Archoil for this.

4 Likes

People use the severe duty one

1 Like

But they link the heavy duty one :crazy_face:

1 Like

1 link for both?

Shit, I used 8100 on my MK1s :grimacing:

me too. mk1 and mk2. missed that disclaimer.

Thanks! Think I can get the white lithium here easier!

Just got my replacement gear installed. @avX and @haggyboard.timo were extremely prompt and made sure I was taken care of.

Also, I was giving the failure a little more thought when the idea popped into my head " I wonder if it has something to do with the direction of the herringbone " Since the direction is opposite on each side. so I looked at my pictures along with @BenjaminF’s and it looks like both of ours failed on the right hand side(toe side if regular footed), if that’s any consolation. Just something to think about :grinning:

8 Likes

Did you have traction control turned on?

Whatever the default is for unity. I can double check when I get home

1 Like

I believe default is traction control off

2 Likes

If one wheel lifts off the ground it will spin up really fast. When the wheel hits the ground again the impact will cause a lot of force on the drive. Traction control should prevent one side to rev up when it lifts of the ground or loses traction etc. I use it now to prevent my gears getting smashed since my wheels lift up quite often when offroading.

1 Like

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Derail Jail 2020_May

Mk2, wheels and trucks arrived. Quality looks amazing and excited to get this up and going. See u later belts!!

I have flipsky 6374 motors and seems the motor shaft is too long - the outer case doesn’t fit. Do I cut the motor shaft? If so what’s the best approach (hand tool or grinder?)

Any Aussies using this set up? Where r u buying white lithium grease from?

1 Like

In case someone else has similar issue. Angle grinder did the job. Used a few washers and bearings as sacrafical cut length…

Also, 99 bikes in aus has decent lithium greese.

So excited to get this up and running!!

3 Likes

Yeap, if you have an angle grinder it’ll certainly make short work of the shaft. I cut them with my trusty dremel though :smiley:

1 Like

Doing some testing :eyes:

6 Likes

oo what’s this?

2 Likes

Making an adapter for six shooters :grin:

4 Likes