Herringbone Gears Avio MK2 Gear Drive

Sorry if i missed this, will there be an import tax to pay when it goes through customs?

Hi @PixelatedPolyeurthan: yes, but that depends on your country. some countries are stricter (Belgium, France) than others (Poland, Austria etc.).
It really depends on which value is declared on the package. Some vendors cheekily under-declare the value of the package, which will result in no or much lesser import taxes to be paid :wink:

3 Likes

Hey peeps,

Quick update. I know we said mid-Jan is when stocks will arrive, but due to screw ups with our supplier, we had to push the date back by about a week and I sincerely apologize for that. I hate missing a deadline as much as you.

The final components have been shipped out from the supplier and should be arriving within the next week (assuming all goes well with customs on our end.)

Q: What now?

A: To those of you who have filled out the reservation form, we have reserved stock for you and will contact you as soon as stock arrives to confirm your order and shipping address. After confirmation, we will then issue an invoice for payment before shipping your order out. We expect all orders on the reservation list to be sent out by the end of January (assuming payment is done within 24 hours of receiving the invoice).

Q: Where are my assembly instructions!?

A: We have filmed the instructional video before X’mas last year and have yet to release it. Fret not, the video will be released before you get your hands on the MK2 drives. Also, I’m fairly active on the forum and if you have any problems with assembly, you can always shoot me a PM and I should reply within 24hours.

Q: Can I still make an order?

A: Yes you can, we should have ready stock to ship next week. Simply fill out an order form here:

14 Likes

sorry if I missed it somewhere in this thread, but how many units are you making for this batch?
Is this the only batch?

2 Likes

Nope, this should not be the only batch of gear drives we’ll be making, though I’m not at liberty to say how many we’ve made in this batch. For as long as there is demand for our gear drives, we will continue to supply them.

11 Likes

Hi guys and girls!

THE MK2 HERRINGBONE GEAR DRIVE HAS LANDED!

The last of the components has arrived and has passed our quality standards. We officially have stock on hand!

• For those who have already filled out the sign-up sheet, Timo will be sending you an email to check and reconfirm the ordered components with you. Once you have confirmed that everything is in order, Timo will send you a Paypal payment request for you to review. Upon payment before 12:00 noon time (Mon-Fri) the components will be sent out the same day, otherwise next working day. Please also note that Chinese New year is approaching soon, so packages can only be sent out Jan20-Jan23 and then again from Feb 3rd onward.

• For those of you who didn’t reserve a set, should you wish to place an order for the drives, you can still do so here:

15 Likes

Beautiful . can’t wait to see these on builds this year :metal:

4 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Welcome to Derail Jail

Just replied to the order confirmation email, excited to get my invoice! Thank you so much @avX and @haggyboard.timo! I included a set of the new motors, and I was wondering if they are battle hardened, and/or if the sensor PCB is coated/waterproofed. Thanks!

1 Like

No problem! Thanks for supporting us (:

I’m not the one selling the motors so @haggyboard.timo is the guy to answer this one haha.

2 Likes

AFAIK they’re currently not hardened but they’re looking into it.

1 Like

@haggyboard.timo can you give us an idea of regular pricing in the future, vs this batch? I want these but money’s tight right now. I can maybe squeeze if the current price is a deep discount.

2 Likes

can anyone vouch for the motors? (190kv) they look really good but just like some feedback if anyone has tested them

From my understanding these are a new offering to go along with the gear drives, so no one other than @haggyboard.timo and maybe @avx have got hands on yet.

That is accurate. The previous iteration of the motors were sent to selected testers before the current batch was produced. I’m not at liberty to spill anything else because this is part of Timo’s line of products, not mine. :stuck_out_tongue:

Feel free to ask me anything mk2 related though :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Alright guys, here’s the installation guide for the Avio MK2 Gear Drive. Enjoy!

Also if you’re keen, some behind the scenes and goofing off

16 Likes

Here’s an animation of how it fits together!

DISCLAIMER: PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO AND DO NOT RELY ON THE ANIMATION FOR ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS.

14 Likes

What is the max motor length which fits?

1 Like

Believe he said that motor mount to motor mount distance is 184mm but dont quote me on that.

1 Like

too bad, would need 200mm.