IDEA - Deck with Brackets

Is the hanger bolted to the pivot/bushing holders or are they all one solid piece? In the pictures they look separate (ie bolted together)

1 Like

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Can I have some of those brackets for my Rocket Exodus?

Which type of truck are you asking about?

1 Like

Inspiration yes, but copying I do not accept.

Which type of brackets are you interested in?

1 Like

The hangers for the surf-rodz tkp you designed

In the prototype board, the battery is small because I have a small housing. It is only 18650 10S4P, but I want to build a 14S4P battery with Molicel P42A 21700

The brackets will also be a heat sink

6 Likes

This is a hanger for the Surf-Rodz TKP Hex baseplate, requires the use of bushing seat and baseplate Surf-rodz TKP

Perhaps it will also fit baseplate Maker X

1 Like

Cool.

I’d love one of these flat ones for the rear and a „kinked one“ for the front.

7f811a21242a99f8afe943a858b925045137827f_2_666x500

But that depends, where in the world are you and is shipping going to kill me?

1 Like

I usually sell in pairs but can send you 2 different types

If you live in Germany, the shipping cost is 16 euros,

I’ll write you more in a private message

1 Like

They look sick, definitely a solid option

1 Like

I’m thinking of making my own complete RKP trucks but it’s just an idea…

Perhaps to start with I will only make the hangers themselves compatible with the SurfRodz RKP baseplate.

6 Likes

Caliber baseplates are way more common (you can use Randal, Paris, Moon, Boardnamics, 3DS, etc.). I would suggest targeting those instead. Surf Rodz are dying out imo.

12 Likes

You’re right, it’s a more popular standard

The same standard was also used by TORQUE and TRAMPA and many others :smile:

I will consider it, maybe make hangers in 2 standards… :thinking:

Of course, if I make my own RKP hangers, thenext step will be the baseplate… but I want to do a similar design to the truck baseplate with parallel kingpin

7 Likes

How about a bracket that allows you to mount 3links on a 30 degree angled deck but in a flat orientation? Most brackets to adapt 3links to these decks just extend the mounting area for clearance but you still are left fighting the and angle of the base plate and radius rods. If the bracket had a 30 degree to flat angle on it with some length to it you would be able to run larger tires and have the trucks baseplates be completely flat.

Here’s a little mock-up.

9 Likes

i want to see PKP with some gear drives : )

4 Likes

I would definitely prefer caliber standard. Way more esk8 specific stuff on that platform.

4 Likes

Can’t you use the bracket meant to convert regular boards to MTBs to do this?

Oh I guess those are only 15 degrees

1 Like

I would really love to recessed deck screws or some other method of keeping the deck flat.

Have some of these which work pretty well

1 Like

Pretty nice! I guess that with this deck design, grip tape over the screws is out of the question.