IDEA - Deck with Brackets

I hadn’t thought of that. The idea is cool but for a light and short board

In the case of the Raptor it made sense but my boards with brackets are 100 to 120cm long.

In addition, usually everyone wants the greatest possible range so batteries are getting bigger and bigger, a board that weighs more than 12 kg is not suitable for carrying in this way

2 Likes

sounds like you need some more deadlifts and biceps curls :wink: My main board is 20-25kg and I have to carry that motherfucker to get it it inside :smiley: IMO a handle is better then no handle, I understand your reasoning tho. Maybe a super special order if I ever pull the trigger on one? :slight_smile:

Could also serve as a cool grabhandle for hard curves.

3 Likes

You are probably right but this type of grab bars has another disadvantage.

The handle must be mounted on the center of gravity of the board, and this is not unambiguous, because it depends on the position and weight of many elements

That’s a good idea!

3 Likes

The RKP truck will be for sale soon.

Tomorrow I will post more photos and information about the trucks, brackets and motor mounts
Prices will be announced in a few days

10 Likes

Battery is usually heavier than the ESC in the back, but then the drivetrain cancels that out. I think you have enough handle room there for it to match the center of mass :slight_smile:

1 Like

This one has made me really interested and really curious.

Why did you decide to go with an angled bracket and a 0 degree baseplate? Why not a 0 degree bracket with an angled baseplate?

Either way I feel these parts will see some interesting use cases.

1 Like

What size axles?

2 Likes

The angled bracket would greatly reduce ride height in comparison to a straight bracket and angled baseplate.

Also, it appears that the baseplate IS angled. Just not much. Edit: i see now that it’s 0 degree but adjustable.

3 Likes

I have thoughts of these baseplates on an eMTB style deck, I think that would accomplish the same thing as these brackets but with wood.

I designed these brackets for PKP trucks, that’s why the brackets have a 35 degree angle, later I designed the base plate and RKP hangers to match the same brackets

In this photo you can see the compatibility of both types of trucks

The base plate is adjustable, the adjustment range is from 50 to 35 degrees

7 Likes

I use a 10mm axle
This is the most universal size because it allows you to mount any wheels, both longboard wheels with a 22mm bearing socket and mountainboard wheels with a 28mm bearing socket

For wheels with 22mm bearing seats we use 6900 bearings. For wheels with 28mm bearing seats we use 16100 bearings

Both types of bearings are generally available

3 Likes

What I was hoping to hear :ok_hand:

2 Likes

This is sweet AF

1 Like

21 Likes

These things that you post are just gorgeous.

6 Likes

Thanks, I’m glad you like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another unusual board built in the U.S., Brooklyn

It’s a huge beast :slight_smile:

This board uses 30 degree brackets for classic moutainboard trucks

17 Likes

@IDEA Thank you for your help with the custom brackets, happy that you sell them now as a product.

I had to take your deck and chop it a little more on the CNC so it fit the ETOXX concave pads and lights, but this deck is awesome! love the quality so much

6 Likes

These types of brackets are not standard, I only make them on special order.

1 Like