ICE CRUSHER | 16ply HOLYPRO | 4W chain drive MTB | 4x 6374 170kV APS | quad ESCAPE | Steering damper

Long time no updates here… mainly because my quad was in parts a long time as I needed sprockets and stuff for other boards.
Now as my other boards run with gears I had all together for some rides, buuut I will n Ed to take it apart again to switch the ESCabes to maytech 6.6 vescs. It’s not that the ESCapes can’t handle the currents, it’s because I have mature issues to get my wand and osrr remotes work with the maytech vescs.
I don’t plan to go away from my lovely gt2b on this build, so time for a swap.
The board will as well get some other mayor updates for this winter season, sooo more updates to follow soon.

8 Likes

Rebuilding started yesterday evening. Some parts on order some still on the order list, but I need the ESCapes for an other build, so time to take things apart.
Not so easy if you build things last for ever…but a bit of fire helps a lot to burn away the loctite.

I finally managed to remove all parts from the back and cleaned the dirt from the last year.

Like new :blush:

The ESCapes have been a mess to get out of the case, buut finally also this is managed.

Really like that dual heatsink.

New case was printed over night as well.

11 Likes

Looking good Andy! I love all the little videos in this build thread :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Yeah, good DIY WE :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :+1:

2 Likes

Slow progress.
The maytech vesc6 ready to mount.

Changed the xt90 to 5.5mm bullet connectors to fit my loopkey mounts which will sit on the bindings.

Battery case mock up:

Printed a xt90 parallel serial mount which will make wiring 12s2p LiPos for each side easy.
It’s just a prototype but it will include a fuse mount as well.

18 Likes

I like all those little finission details your putting in it !
custom strap loopkey munt, // serial mount etc. :ok_hand:
Enjoy your DIY, good WE ! :v: :wink:

6 Likes

Parallel/series connectors are wires up.

The fuse got a small cover after that picture.
The two thin wire are meant to go to an lcd Display to monitor the overall voltage aka 3A charge port. Probably will never use that charge port, but why not.

Also got my parcel from etoxx @NoWind with some nice extensions :smile:

10 Likes

Made some spacer for the extensions.

Motors are on order and battery pack getting ready slowly as well.

But looks like I’m running out of time a bit…

Didn’t expect snow start that early this year.

15 Likes

Man this is so crazy I love it! So are chains the way to go? I don’t care about being quite I actually like more noise Cuz then people tend to move out of the way. Thanks for taking the time to do all this.
Also what did u use as a steering dampener?

3 Likes

This is so nice. Used to slow down to a crawl with direct drives before yelling “on your left” and now they turn around and look when I’m 1/4 mile away!

3 Likes

There many ways to go :sweat_smile: chains are just a good and solid one.
I really like them, but gears are usually enclosed which helps a lot when driving through the forest.
Gears also give more clearance which is good especially with 8“ wheels.

3 Likes

What lights do you have in front? lights \

Link me if you can :smiley:

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bIGiYrKK

They come in a set of two.

2 Likes

Awesome! Have you connected them directly to your batt? On a switch or something? From what I’ve read its a 12v light and your battery is more than that for sure. Have you used a step-down converter? What’s your solution? haha

A 3s battery pack. Since last weekend as well controlled via ch3 of my gt2b remote.
You could as well use a step down converter. Would work as well without issues.

1 Like

I somehow like the rim only look…

I should get smaller sprockets for the summer and run some trampa gummies on it :thinking:

Meanwhile wheels arrived

Not really that big step up from 9“ to 10“ but I kinda like it.

Battery pack close to be done as well.
Sikaflex is my best friend now (even if it’s a pain to work with…)

Had some issues to get the remote controlled light switch to work, but problems solved. Will update how I wired up everything with the next post.

16 Likes

Looks funny the 10" beside the 8" :laughing:
For me the 10" looks not much wider than the 9", isn’t the width of a 9" 65mm and of a 10" 80mm?

Great work :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Awesome! Its hugeee… such a beast, looks like its slowly turning into a full fletched offroad :wink:

1 Like

Yes it’s really not that much wider. They 80-85mm wide depending on how much inflated.

I looked for something slim to not need to buy extensions, but unfortunately there was no way around it even with this tires.
Main reason for 10“ was that I can fit studs to them, buut the profile is not deep enough to fit the ones I planed to install.
Need to look if I just skip it or order smaller studs now

1 Like

Slowly yes. Motors as well just passed custom clearance and it’s snowing the last days…getting closer :joy:

1 Like