Widening wheel hubs

That image was a joke btw. Would be cool to have some custom hubs on the prototipo though

3 Likes

Thank goodness. It looks like a pepper mill. Shoot for the moon moon

2 Likes

@pixelsilva 52 mm, the maximum for Trampa trucks, maybe we can squeeze one or two mm more

@malJohann good point, what hold now is the screw, but I could incorporate a support in the spacer to center everything, only testing will tell

@moon there is no going back, we demand that hub, and make it for 11” tires

By the way, if someone wants to play with it just let me now and I send the files, not responsible for possible face plants :smiley:

3 Likes

Double that please and sign me up.

3 Likes

Spring time hopefully. Moulds need to be carved, samples made, production run, shipping. It takes time…

1 Like

Sorry no time to mount them, got the deck somewhere, trucks still in their packaging… but I put a 9" megastar rim on it ^^

from Berg, 8" Primo Stricker, 9" PS, 10" and 11" :

Tell me if you need more (for pics mounted, maybe refer to Andys ice Crusher build :wink: same sizing, just the pattern that change)

10 Likes

Wow… my 8" wheels look dinky now lol

4 Likes

lol, I was playing at the same joke … a bit late ^^

7 Likes

I saw your picture and thought how did he Photoshop my hub like that :rofl:

2 Likes

They’re my old SnowFlake rims ^^

Started a few yrs ago, bought POM to make the prototype, but the 8 half rims to cnc cost too much …

9 Likes

the good thing, is that with your widening system, I should be abble to use the 11" so !

@Riako nice pictures. I have the ones on the bottom coming at well. I don’t give them a long lifespan as they seem to be not the best tires, but for one winter they should last.
Could you do me a favor in the meantime and measure the depth of the profile.
Just to make sure the spikes I want to use will fit :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Of course, like that ?

it’s 7mm

3 Likes

Exactly! Thx a lot. Couldn’t find them locally so i hope they will arrive soon.
This year is crazy here. One day we gat 10cm snow over night, two days later all is gone again. Need to be prepared for everything :sweat_smile:

1 Like

yeah it would cost a bit for them

2 Likes

Or Dually

17 Likes

I was thinking something that goes under the screw into the spoke inserts to transfer some of the stress away from the screw, but it would need a tight fit with the screw.

1 Like

@Pedrodemio

@pixelsilva 52 mm, the maximum for Trampa trucks, maybe we can squeeze one or two mm more

This means it won’t work with some of the most popular 8mm axle hangers like Torqueboards 218 (47mm), Evolve (32mm), Boardnamics (50mm), Caliber II (35mm), FatBoy (51mm) lenght. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

My prototype wheel has 20mm of 70a thane at the thinnest part and the thickest section in the middle has 34mm, the diameter of the wheel 160mm. I think that it will feel like driving normal thane wheels just with 160mm of diameter, which will roll over anything like a tank^^

2 Likes

Downsides of all this:

• Increased power consumption

• Increased rolling resistance

• decreased torque due to weight increase
    or arguably the same due to decreased wheel size

• Ridicule for compensation

Party pooper

3 Likes