I remember this one time I

They are from Reddit man :joy:

8 Likes

You’re right. I’ve met a few of those as well… Not long ago I was out riding and noticed I had an eboarder riding about 50 meters behind me. I stopped to wait for him and talk, but he just passed me as if I wasn’t even there. lol. What’s wrong with people…

13 Likes

they are just jumping on the train i think and after their first bail or crash they are out anyways.

5 Likes

Probably depending where you are they I think they think they are cool if you’re following the laws and not being reckless, etc. I think they dislike the rental scooters though because they cause problems. Only had 1 interaction with one and they thought it was cool, and from what I remember they were like, “Maybe I should get one” or something along those lines

3 Likes

I remember this one time when @dareno lost his phone

10 Likes
9 Likes

… was out skating late night by the SD harbor and played chicken with a row of car barriers and got knocked the F out.

Jkjk, I don’t remember even leaving the house to skate that night. My buddy remembers this. Apparently I was also on a tear about hating scooters.

This was the only picture I took that night. I don’t remember taking it. I don’t think I did this.

5 Likes

Why did you photoshop Andrew and I out of the second photo?

4 Likes

I think it’s the difference between someone who labors over improving their board anf a person looking for the next cool thing…
I recently talked to a guy about Eboards because a friend said his buddy rode one. I started talking to my friends buddy and got so excited while talking until I saw he couldn’t care less. Then he showed me his board was a liftboard which he kept in his closet in some box. He said he didnt see the big deal :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

yeah, and its a difference if your heart beats for skateboarding or you re just looking for some cool new stuff. Im not that builder so far, because I’m riding an onan x2 4wd which i love so so much. What I’m trying to say is, that its not that important if you re building or buying a board, its the thing if you are a skater or not.

2 Likes

I remember this one time I got my own package back in the mail from customs. It was sent somewhere in Spain and when I got it back, it had black beans and half the parts missing.

How does this even happen like wtf? lol

18 Likes

Dem magic beans!!! Sounds like your standard fairytale trade to me dude…

3 Likes

I remember this one time I was riding over some really tough concrete and my DIYeboard trucks snapped sending the board into the banks of a river and slamming my head into the pavement. Still haven’t built my confidence back up nearly a year later

3 Likes

I remember when a spider stole a screw I had spent 30min looking for

20 Likes

… was riding back home in the middle of the night, and as was passing through relatively bad neighborhood, I see something to my left, all of a sudden. At first glance it was a mouse scurrying along. Then I got imbalanced. Then it hit me, it was my front left wheel. Immediately cut throttle and the board was braking fast because the front left side of the truck was grinding on asphalt. I hopped off/thrown off when the board came to a stop and I was able to run it off without falling. I was like “what the hell happened? How can I trust my board again if locktight and a locknut failed?” and then I remembered that I had stolen that nut from that board for something else. I basically rode 1.6km(1mile) or so before it came off. So glad I didn’t get hurt or get mugged. I quickly escaped by calling an Uber :smiley:

13 Likes

I tried to measure the current of a 150amp max system on the 2nd esc for a build (first one fried two weeks prior). The despiration I felt in the following ten minutes… I won’t be doing that again.

1 Like

Haha I remember one time I had mail returned to my address full of Xanax! Blurry month after that!

10 Likes

I remember I rode 20 miles without a locknut on both my drive wheels. I didn’t notice until I got home but It was fine anyways. I had six shooters on but the way I mounted the pulley it had flanges on all sides of the pulley, meaning it was impossible to take out the belt without loosening the motor mounting screws. Needless to say I probably could’ve rode for 100 miles without an axle nut without issues

5 Likes

A few weeks ago i lost the nylock on my front left wheel. The wheel came off and i thought i had just hit a rock or something. I mananaged to ride it out and not fall off. It was suprisingly gentle, but still not fun. The damage to the trucks was minimal and once i rethreaded the axle and removed the burs it works great again.

Lesson learned. If your nylock is worn out, buy a new one.

Thankfully i was going slow

3 Likes

All I could think of when I saw the topic:

I remember this one time I saw a 60 year old man go down a waterslide…

High five to whoever gets the reference :grin:

2 Likes