I remember this one time I

I got a rock in my belt once while riding on a beach area. It threw me off and the front half of the board went into the lake. It fried a homemade headlight but i had a rag in my backpack and cleaned the wood deck before it buckled from moisture. I stay about 50ft away from all water now.

12 Likes

I remember the first time my motors on my first electric skateboard (and so far my only :smile:) span.

I also remember the time I toasted that motor :joy:

4 Likes

I remember testing my unity on a set of hubs on a table, I set the motor amps way to high and the throttle curve was wrong so the hubs jumped from the table and cracked into a computer

10 Likes

I remember taking greyhound to NYC to pick up a gifted board from a diy-er on the old forum. I eventually got the board but then I got lost in the train system. Eventually I missed my greyhound back, and there were no more busses that night. I sat in the subway walkway with my sax and eventually a Broadway bassist got notice of my playing and invited me out to the lion king Broadway show. Introduced me to fellow musicians and producers. I got to stay with the band for the live show. Afterwards he got me an expensive amtrak ticket back home. Pretty stressful and exciting night.

23 Likes

I remember this one time when I was walking down the stairs with my lipo batteries I was working on and the metal touched my metal button on my jeans… It caused a big spark…

35 Likes

This one time…

I was downtown, just cruising, no specific destination. Out of nowhere a new camaro turns into the bike lane, turning left on red without stopping. I saw him coming and all I could do was dive. I did this Dukes of Hazzard style slide across his hood, landed on my feet. My board went under his car, and I guess I hit the brake, and stopped right beside me. After about a half a second I turned towards the guy, did finger guns and rode off into the sunset.

Total accident but fuggin epic as hell :metal:

41 Likes

Anyone besides @mmaner and I’d say pics or it didn’t happen :joy:

9 Likes

I remember this one time I read that and then thought, “purposely look for cars I can let the board go under and I run across while riding”.

I’ll keep dreaming.

9 Likes

I just wish I’d had my GoPro on that day.

9 Likes

Happens to me all the time.

7 Likes

I remember this one time, I was smoking a joint halfway through my ride because the scenery was beautiful. I was on private property as a security guard started to mozy on over as he was calling me over i just hopped on my board and screamed “I can’t hear you with my headphones on, Leaving and I wont be back byyyyyyeeee” and rode away. He mumbled something but had no interest in following me.

5 Likes

I’m in Melbs mate, 2019 Baja :call_me_hand: bout to go pick it up , wasn’t a cheap fix!

6 Likes

Sunshine coast here QLD. It shits me that crap be honest mate. I had an order for a baja last year and after about a month they tell me they are now going to use cast bulkheads and not the cnc that they previously used. I pulled the plug on it because cast shit breaks as you found out. You should hit up George and see if he has some of the older version bulkheads laying about. Much stronger material. If you still have an account at builders pop in their and hit up allesandro. Hes baja ale or some such name. Despite that though they are still an awesome machine.

1 Like

yeah, it was a pretty hefty investment and I do have to admit that it breaks a lot easier than I had hoped. It’s an awesome machine, but it definitely has it’s limits. the belt drive is my biggest gripe. After this repair I’m just going to take it a lot easier on the Baja, and build a 4wd mtb that can hopefully take a bit more punishment.

2 Likes

Happens everytime a manufacturer relocates to china. @sk8l8r has an older version that he hammers and it holds up. My mtb build is one build away as yet. Building a 36 downhill lightweight high powered hub/direct drive first. If it doesn’t kill me then the mtb is next in line.

9 Likes

Some people man.

2 Likes

Had a nice moment with my first board. You can count E-Boards on fingers in my country.

Was commuting to my job and saw a guy looking at me at least 300 meters in front. Didn’t think of it until I closed more distance and he walked into my path.

I close in to 10 meters and he jumps in front of me intentionally. Bailed. Some road rash.

Stood up furious after sliding/rolling for a bit and the guy has already skeedaddled.

Motherfucker.

8 Likes

I remember this one time I got beat by my parents

9 Likes

I remember this one time I was riding my board in 4wd configuration and I full throttled to show off and pass the group then all of a sudden I remember waking up in an ambulance. I would say it was a scary time but I was more confused than anything. It was more of a scary time for my friends that were there and didnt know if I was okay or not.

How about something a little more light hearted.

I remember this one time for our Holloween group ride last year we were all dressed up, I was Darth Vader and as we were riding a cop pulls up behind us and with the loud speaker says “Darth Vader pull over”. So I pull over with the group and the cop waves at us and pulls down the window “just kidding, ride safe” and they just pull off.

I’ve had more good experience with cops on esk8 than negative experiences by far.

29 Likes

Last summer, waiting at a light to turn and started crossing in the crosswalk. Make eye contact with someone trying to turn right, get a wave, and proceed.

Watching him still, I notice him get distracted talking to his passenger and he proceeds to pull out into the crosswalk directly in front of me.

I was going all of 5mph so just hopped off my board, which rolled in front of his car, angrily making eye contact with him and walking around his car to retrieve my board.

The moment I get on the other side of his car he pulls out completely to finish his turn and runs my board over. Stops for 3 seconds and takes off.

Long story short I lucked out and got a bored vice cop who was backfilling transit duty.

Dude tracked this guy down clear on the other side of the country in New Jersey. He was visiting Portland on business, driving his boss’s rental unauthorized, and ended up getting nailed for a hit and run and failure to yield to a pedestrian. I ended up getting a grand from insurance.

Sometimes shit works out.

Actually I’ve had two boards run over, both when I was in cross walks. Got paid for both of em.

27 Likes