I owe you all an apology

How many people still owed?
How much owed per person?
How much total owed?

A nice excel spreadsheet would be nice, but it might be asking for too much? (Maybe censor out the names or use code names for the sake of privacy)

Owing 10 people $3000 total is very different than owing 70 people $20k total. Right now we have no idea where this sits.

7 Likes

Wildly off topic Mike but please just tell me if that’s a year subscription to swim class?

6 Likes

I don’t have exact number with me.

Here is what I know. Ballpark numbers
Around 25-30 ppl still need to be refunded.
Total is about 4-5k. That’s only for people who already paid for and haven’t gotten their stuff yet.

6 Likes

@Mikenopolis I got taught to swim the old fashioned way and they just threw me in. I survived, parents saved bucks, and I have a long lasting memory bringing stomach butterflies with the smell of chlorine.

11 Likes

$400 four months “discounted” rate. Month to month is $125.

@hummie the kick in the nuts is that I was a swim instructor for 13 years. Can’t teach your own at this age because it’s all fun and games

9 Likes

They tried to teach me that way too. Drowned but Survived, they thought I had a phobia with water for the longest time after that while I was truly just scared of my folks around water. :joy::joy::joy:

7 Likes

Du du du duuuu. The man speaks (r types):

2 Likes

:open_mouth: oh shit and I thought I was getting ripped off with my kids lessons 300$ for a year here once a week except school holidays which happens every 5 weeks here.

4 Likes

“I’m a professional and award winning swimmer” means nothing to a four year old

25 Likes

They let me make 4 payments in the year tho.

1 Like

What is a pro swimmer!? A teacher I guess. Don’t see any pro swimming comps.

Theres a soccer trophy in there…looks the same n just threw a ball under…r no that’s a trophy head.
I was on a team when a kid. I suck. But my coach was faT and could still dive like the length of the pool. Skill in there somewhere

7 Likes

Look. I fucked up. People don’t trust me. I get it. This is deserved. Say what you will. I accept it.

I asked for help as a last resort. Not to run off with the riches, but to put an end to everyone waiting.

Abec is done. There’s no going back. I tried to help over there thinking it would be good for all of us. It wasn’t.
Im not going to say more than that.

Not comfortable? Neither am I.

Don’t want to help? Don’t.
Sorting it out will still happen either way. It’ll just take longer.

42 Likes

Lmao that’s exactly what I thought when I saw those trophies.

2 Likes

Are u saying abec are done done as far as u know? Maybe someone will buy the biz?

5 Likes

No. I’m not saying anything

10 Likes

R ur saying it and not repeating I guess.

2 Likes

Its all good brother, there are many of us willing to help.

9 Likes

I know. I see that :metal:

11 Likes

Good on you to address this.

Really Dave, I don’t think you are trying to scam anyone. I’ve met you, I’ve had beers with you. Never has my thought been that you were malicious in your actions or intent.

My concern is that we’ve watched this community face a repeated pattern of being mislead/lied to, have money stolen, promised products never delivered or delayed, and the subsequent ghosting/apathy we’ve seen from most of these bad players. How many 10s of thousands of dollars have been exploited from this community because of our good will and excitement?

At a certain point it’s got to stop. It’s great that you’re here having a conversation with us, but to grant some brutally honest perspective & unsolicited opinion to the mix: you’ve also largely been vacant for the last year and focused on the racing scene over the DIY community, only really showing up now that you need help.

So really, I just don’t want to see people throwing money down yet another Esk8 well. Can you truthfully say you’ve reached out to each person you owe money to and established a timeline in which you’re going to repay them? If so, great, and I wish you nothing but the best bringing this around. If not, I urge you to take the time to make contact with people and set expectations realistically.

18 Likes

Maybe not pro. But I had a swimming scholarship…my speed is something michael Phelps would laugh at as a paraplegic…Uber derail jail time

7 Likes