I owe you all an apology

Instead of doing refunds out-of-band, could the raised money can be fed into paypal to process refunds in-band?

I imagine the risk there then becomes further undeliverable orders due to unforeseeable issues

3 Likes

And we know how that goes…

Dave is probably a pretty cool dude, and it sounds like he got screwed over, which is sad. But he hasn’t proven that he can run a business, so I’m not sure why anyone would be inclined to pull him out of this hole not expecting him to find another one to fall into.

5 Likes

So if you can’t take new money and can’t fund refunds from your bank account, how do you get unfreezed? Is the only way to deliver the goods?

I’m thinking, with gofundme, the contributors say goodbye to the money unconditionally. Maybe my idea ends up the same, with nothing for contributors, but at least there’s a chance of reward. It should probably be all super informal with no formal liability on Dave’s end. And it’ll be up to Dave to 1. get his business healthy in the long term and 2. man up and deliver each and every promised set eventually as he’s able.

I can’t speak for everyone, but for me, I’d prefer to see a set of shooters say 5 years out and maybe a cool conversation with Dave, rather than just a feeling I helped out.

Again, probably naive as hell.

2 Likes

Shit ain’t easy.

1 Like

Really? I mean he did it for 5 years before the move to ABEC, did it profitably and delivered quality products. I think maybe you’re being a bit harsh in your judgement.

11 Likes

What I’m learning is that taking money from the community = helping out the community. Kevin

Anybody want to donate to me some so I can help out the community? :joy:

9 Likes

I get that everyone sees this as weird. And that asking the esk8 community for help might be out of place. I’m sure asking for help is the last thing Dave want’s to do. But in reality I see that he only posted in Facebook and that @BillGordon was the one who sent the link, not @Psychotiller. I know that I wouldn’t be where I am at with esk8 without Dave. Fuck, I would probably still be blowing up 6s FVT ESC’s with lipo’s and clone wheels. Donate or don’t. No one is forcing you. I think it’s kinda cool that he wants to keep bringing out new and exciting parts to the community. I’m sure it would be easier for him to say “Fuck it” and go back to his day job and not have to struggle. I hope he makes it and brings out some new kickass parts for us!

17 Likes

The lack of transparency over people being out on funds & the PayPal situation is what is weird.

For the record I like Dave as a person and wish him the best, (which is why I tagged him above as to initiate a conversation). But this is business and when we have a lot of people here who have been shafted or are out money, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to call for transparency, communication, and accountability.

14 Likes

Its not, and I know a lot of people are still waiting on product or refund. I just think that from a reputation stand point, if we as a community are gonna give anyone a second shot it should be Dave.

12 Likes

Which one of you jokers did this?

23 Likes

Lol, fucking brutal!!!

8 Likes

Poopsie :poop:

10 Likes

:flushed::flushed::flushed:

8 Likes
3 Likes

Lets try and make it a rule that if we see vendors taking more money than product leaving their distributors, we ditch them until they don’t. There’s a point to no return and most of these guys (Jason Potter, now Dave, ect…) already know about and could easily put a stop to. None of this needs to be happening. Business 101 is very simple to understand…

2 Likes

I agree with this.

No one is perfect, and mistakes have been made. If Dave can make it right fantastic. At the same time he’s got to make customers whole. Second chances have to be built on trust.

4 Likes

have the party at McDonalds and have it to where they can only order off the dollar menu. And as long as someone doesn’t go near the water you dont need swimming lessons.

6 Likes

Dave already refunded like 6-7 ppl… It’s going, just slow…

8 Likes

Which part is not transparet? Is there something I missed? Please let me know. I will try to explain

3 Likes