I need help please

The seal is officially waterproof, but I dont think it is going to do much. I plan on keeping my board dry.

Imo a bottom enclosure needs lots of tek7 sealant to be reliably waterproof (and then still)

Only way I trust is putting everything in a pelican case and putting it on top of the board

Using butyl tape on a bottom enclosure, especially with a lid, works very, very, very well.

“Lid” meaning not sealed to deck, but a thin rubber or polyurethane sheet sealed to the top of the electronics box with butyl tape.

1 Like

Don’t see that much around here

2 Likes

My deck started to crack really bad. So I am looking to get a new one. What are some good cheap deck companies.

1 Like

Rarely do you find ‘good’ and ‘cheap’ in the one product…

7 Likes

Fair enough

Any good decks?

i mean… what are you looking for? like what shape/type?

Not really sure.

I was thinking something like this but it is to narrow for my enclosure. wholesale blank drop through longboard deck Blank Longboard Decks and Skateboard Supply

This one is better but because of the angle I dont think it will work. wholesale blank drop down longboard deck Blank Longboard Decks and Skateboard Supply

Wasn’t your last deck from them? TBH it’s probably worth it to step up to a decent well-known brand like landyacht, bustin, loaded, etc. or something. They cost about twice as much, but considering this will be your second deck you’ll probably come out ahead in the long run since it should actually last. I don’t love sector 9, but that might be a cheaper option that is probably better than the skateshred blanks.

Yes, or put 2-3 layers of fiberglass on the bottom of the cheap deck. (Making it not cheap anymore)

I do want to get a better deck there are to main problems. Problem 1 is I am going traveling soon so I wont be able to use the board and after that will probably be out the country doing volunteer work for the year(so inventing on new deck will be wastefor now ). Problem 2 if I get a new deck it wont fit my enclosure so I would either have to make one (which I can’t because of Problem 1) or buy one (which there is one by eboosted that I would love to get for the bustin board) but, it is expensive and I need to save money for my traveling ( which I am still working on getting a job so I can pay for the traveling).

Side point, this is probably not the best thread for this, but I plan on traveling to Europe. What are some places you recommend.

Visit Belgium ! I’ll take ya out for a ride, on a decent board. :wink:

1 Like

If I make it out there, it would be awesome to go riding with other esk8rs. The only thing is I would have 2 othe guys with me so they would also need something to ride.

I have enough boards for everyone !

1 Like

That sounds awesome, I will let the other guys know and see if we can work it in to trip. Thanks

Can I check my battery voltage from my loop key