I need help please

Flipsky esk8 motors use hall sensors.

1 Like

If your ESC has a switch to change between motor voltages, make sure it’s at 5V for flipsky motors

Is this noice normal?
Uploading: 20220519_223440.mp4…

You need to reupload that file.

1 Like

I’ll have to do it tomorrow. It was my motor making a high pitch screeching noice when it reaches max speed.

If it’s not a mechanical noise, you can play with the switching frequency and see if that helps.

Motor → FOC → Advanced → Switching frequency

Rough range on 100-200kv motors (I’ve tested on a VESC 6)
with Sample in V0 and V7 set to true, 15-25 khz
with Sample in V0 and V7 set to false, 15-40 khz

Thanks Ill try that later. Other then noise what else does it do( like draw backs)?

Where is a good place to get griptape. I still have to work on the aesthetics of my board. But I dont have time for that so for the time being I want to put some grip tape on so I can ride.

Grab up a roll of vicious griptape and I’ll teach you how to skin and frit next time you up in pbc \m/

Bet

1 Like

For some reason when I turn on my board ( plug in the loopkey) the motor spins backwards. When unplug the the key and plug it back in it goes back to normal.

1 Like

What???

I need to know more now.

Check the connection to your remote receiver

2 Likes

What remote are you using? Did you configure its failsafe mode? Is it spinning backwards right when you plug the loopkey in, or are you saying when you use your remote to control the board the direction is reversed? :exploding_head:

1 Like

This is a bit of a guess but it sounds similar to my VX2 being weird. I presume when you power the board, spin backwards, unpower, repower, that the remote stays on? If so I think it’s a remote issue that I don’t fully know how to solve, my VX2 often booted reversed, maybe someone else is better at flipsky-whispering

I was gonna say, sounds like Vx2 lol

Make sure the ESC was configured with the remote in forwards mode, and then if its still happening, check the remote when it turns on and see if it is in reverse or not

1 Like

It sounds like this.

I plan on closing up my enclosure does everything look good? I took it for a few test rides and everything seem great.

Also is there any vesc setting / cool features I should know about?

Maybe a blob of hotglue on that flipsky JST plug.

Looks fine, I’ve done worse
Wouldn’t ride this through the rain though

1 Like

Definitely don’t take this in any water or puddle. The seal will keep sticks out, but not much else. It’s more expensive to find this out the hard way.

1 Like