I need help please

1 Like

Nobody suggested that outright, and we were discussing on how this setting is in fact not the ABS setting.

I didn’t say it was the ABS setting though, I just said it affects the ABS, because ABS produces current spikes. I could be wrong though in that regard, and I also said that here

It works fine for me on all of my boards. Maybe a high enough reg current is needed, ik a lot of people are very conservative with those around here.

1 Like

Is it a clicking sound?

Try it on ice. Last time people tested, if one motor comes to a complete stop (starts skidding) then so will the other one, because vesc traction control only slows down the faster motor, even though it should really do the opposite when braking, like ABS in cars does xd

1 Like

Or lift one wheel off the ground while braking. Super happy fun times.

2 Likes

No ice around here sadly, but I will definitely try to drive on some given the opportunity. :smiley: Spiked wheels look verrry cool.

No. That’s bullshit.

ALL of this was said, in earnest. Unironically:

2 Likes

Yes, I was talking about the ABS setting during motor detection. :smiley: Idk what you’re trying to prove here, I already said I was wrong. ↓

1 Like

The ABS current setting in the VESC tool is for the absolute current limit. The VESC tries to limit the amount of current to the motor but it sometimes cannot react fast enough. If you have an 80 amp motor limit, you may see 100 amps for a millisecond before the VESC is able to adjust. You will get an ABS CURRENT FAULT if those spikes are beyond that ABS MAX. The fault will turn off power to the motor for 500ms (default), so perhaps it felt like a traditional “anti-lock brake system” but it’s not.

I guess you could set the ABS limit slightly above the max motor braking current, turn down the fault length, and have a sort of psudo anti-lock brake system with enough tweaking, but that’s not what it was intended for… and a super short fault length is bad for other faults.

As far as I know, the VESC software does not have an anti-lock braking setting.

If ceasium is experiencing skipping due to faults being thrown, he could review fault codes on the metr app, or plug it into USB after a ride without powering it off and type “faults” in to the VESC tool’s terminal. Otherwise it’s probably a belt that’s too lose or grub screws in the back of the motor that have loosened up.

3 Likes

Can I check thr voltage of my battery through the charging port?

It depends on how you wired it, of course, but most of the time you can, just be careful to not short the pins

No, I don’t think I will.

This forum in the last few months has had a drop in regular user engagement, and a rise in ignorance being mistaken for expertise.

Members who were once a major presence and source of practiced information are now gone, or around so infrequently that they may as well be gone.

And they’ve cited the toxic stupidity of recent as a very large reason. People with more ego than good will, and a normalization of letting dumb comments slide.

It’s become a cesspit and the most valuable resources are now out because of it.

Also, you sure as hell don’t speak for “everyone”, so don’t pull that crap on me. The truth is quite the opposite, the dumbassery on this forum has harshed the mellow of most of the members that were most useful on this forum. Instead, they occasionally get a chuckle from the insanely dumb things said here. That includes dumb things said in response to wisdom generously offered by the few experts that remain.

16 Likes

This is exactly what I’m talking about. Most of the seasoned techs, builders, and repair persons with actual stuff to do simply don’t have time or the inclination for this.

I’m not your dude.

And I’m sure as hell not “belligerent”. You talk down to people who know orders of magnitude more than you do. And settle into a victim role when they chew you out.

And that behavior is repeated elsewhere on this forum.

And so, the best resource just leave.

It doesn’t matter if you think you can pat yourself on the back because you victimized yourself into seemingly winning an argument. Your own knowledge and projects suffer for it. And newer people who come here suffer for it, because the advice they get is demonstrably of a lower quality than it used to be.

Anyone who has been around long enough to have seen the kind of knowledge exchanged here a year or two ago, should feel frustrated and angry at what this place has become.

Moreover, “anger solves nothing” is ridiculous. Which is on brand for you.

Anger is a natural reaction, and an emotion that’s important to identify and process. There’s no shortage of research and documentation notating how important it is to regard anger as an appropriate reaction to situations that incite it.

The state of this forum, and the current cancers that are destroying it, should make people angry. They should give a shit.

But I don’t blame them for not. And I’m frankly mildly surprised that I still do.

In a short enough time, I’ll be gone also, to the chats and other platforms where merit and passion still persist.

13 Likes

Again, you just can’t help yourself. And that’s a real shame. Absolutely nothing of substance, like the majority of your posts.

8 Likes

I’ve only been here just over a year and even I can see the degradation of the crowd.
The percentage of posts that are actually informative needs a serious rise.

5 Likes

Also while we’re already on the bus to jail; i appreciate how knowledgeable you are and if you do ditch this dive bar your presence would be missed, good sir.

6 Likes

I made a grove in my enclosure to help prevent the wires from rubbing against it.

That belt looks too loose. If the motor can’t slide forward anymore then you will need a shorter belt.

I think a 255mm belt would work better on that BN mount with a 16/36 pulley. 265 might be too long.

That mount can be adjusted from 56mm to 68mm. Based on some calculators online:

56mm center to center on 16/36 = 246mm belt

68mm center to center on 13/36 = 265mm belt
68mm center to center on 16/36 = 270mm belt

2 Likes

Run those wires through the enclosure, not under the lip, for better results.

2 Likes

I will have, when i have one day on this forum without seeing your shit. There was a couple weeks a while ago… aaah. Good times.

Just try to be a nice guy. It’s not so difficult. Most don’t even have to try.

1 Like