I need help please

That just applies a basic filter on the measured current to prevent over-current spikes from triggering a fault. Nothing to do with braking

8 Likes

FIY, you can record without looking at your phone. Especially when you just need sound.

Just foot brake like the ancient masters.

1 Like

The amount of comments that ABS Current Limit was assumed to be anti-lock braking system, is mildly concerning.

And the moronic explanations attached to it being anti-lock braking system, are also mildly concerning.

If someone is going to advise others on settings and their implications, it would be wise to check to make sure you’re not so wrong, that you end up discussing ESC behaviors that don’t even exist.

13 Likes

Yeah, now I’m scrubbing this whole conversation from my information banks with steel wool.

So what does ABS current limit do? Exactly what it sounds like it would?

1 Like

Well if ABS does what @rusins was saying it does, then turning it on wouldn’t be such a bad thing would it?

It does do what rusins said, and turning that setting on is totally fine in most applications in an eskate.

The current limits one sets on the ESC end up being targets rather than brick wall limits. When dealing with spikes and drops due to accelerations and braking events, the ESC has to react to what it senses, and that leads to overshoots. The absolute maximum is there to protect the ESC from major current spikes that would otherwise destroy it. And since it can sense and log faults in milliseconds, without filtering, some events can trigger strings of faults during a single brake.

Far as I know, at least.

5 Likes

They don’t, to my knowledge

1 Like

Would it be bad to leave the board on for an extended period of time.

Its not bad for it, it just needs to be monitored to makes sure the pack SOC doesn’t get too low.

Many packs have been killed by accidentally leaving the loopkey in too long

3 Likes

2 more questions.

How long would that take on a p42a 10s4p?

And can I charge my board like that?

it varies a lot by your setup. could take months, could take a week.

yeah. before i got my antispark, I left my baord on for about 3 weeks straight and rode it a lot. just made sure to keep it within a safe state of charge

1 Like

So plugged in my vesc to take a test ride and this started happening.

Last time I tested it, it worked normally.

Did you re-run motor detection?

1 Like

No, should I?

Yes

3 Likes

always, even if you think it’s fine.

It worked.

I took it on a test ride and I am very happy. The only problems is, the drive wheel is getting worn out in one spot, the enclosure is just a few inches to long, and the brakes make a weird noice on hard braking. Other then that I really like it. Its still not 100% done and I still want to customize it.

4 Likes

Really thank you to everyone thay helped me along this long journey. I will hopefully make a build thread (if thats what its called) when I am done.

8 Likes