I need help please

It also allows steering, because the tires are still turning. Although that doesn’t matter too much for most boards because we have 4 wheel turning.

It’s turned on by default (or should be).

I use split angle where my rear truck doesn’t turn, but my front truck isn’t motorized so I guess I don’t need this aspect?

it wasn’t

You still get better brakes and longer lasting tires.

1 Like

If you don’t get any errors you can turn it off, but it’s fine either way.

this is important AF. I’ve burned 4 tires in the last year. one of them right to the metal wires inside the rubber.

I would hope you aren’t trying to steer when you’re limit braking in the first place, any amount of steering done would decrease your braking ability because tires only have so much grip they can allocate.

Also doesn’t ABS in that VESC setting stand for absolute? Like this is the absolute max it should go before throwing an error?

1 Like

That hasn’t anything to do with ABS though, as it was most probably turned on the whole time.

That may very well be, I always though it slows down the current spikes for ABS braking though.

For obstacle avoidance I’d argue that steering is more important than braking, or at least on the same level.

1 Like

The solution tends to be either to trail brake as needed, or to fully commit the tires to turning to avoid the obstacle. Relying on ABS to turn and avoid something is a recipe for disaster, especially with the on-off traction making it difficult.

as I said, it wasn’t, and I’ve never had it on in any of my builds unless troubleshooting with the forum made me turn it on manually.

I just turned it on on both VESCs in my main board before typing this.

You’d have to turn it off during motor detection though, and given that you were complaining about skipping brakes I’d say that ABS was turned on.

Yep, but in an high adrenaline situation I’d guess that most people will try to do both things at the same time. I know I did. :smiley:

From analog boarding I’ve become used to “carving to a stop” so nowadays when I apply brake I usually still slalom a bit and carve into my resting stop.

It’s also not as huge of a deal on a skateboard, since brakes only exist in the rear for the most part so you’ll always have the front 100% for turning. 4WD might change it up though.

Yep. Now off we go to the derail jail.

1 Like

Lol. What the fuck

ABS stands for absolute.

We don’t have ABS braking :sweat_smile:

Y’all been smoking the good shit.

8 Likes

This was what I thought until I was informed of otherwise. I just assumed I was wrong.

Are you trolling, lying, or just misinformed? Please share a screenshot of this “ABS” braking setting you are talking about. Unless it’s some super new feature, it does not exist. Heck, traction control doesn’t even work properly when braking on vesc.

4 Likes

I believe he means these settings, I just found them myself to turn them on.