I need help please

Not really possible, it only happens when braking quickly from high speed, I’m not going to stare at my phone while doing that. I choose life.

Yeah, probably just skidding than. Your brakes are actually too good, and instead of smooth decel your wheels stop, but you still have the inertia. Be careful, that’s how I had 2 of my falls.

2 Likes

I would turn down the high speed braking intensity (raise Battery Regen Current slightly closer to zero)

1 Like

Now that you mentioned that, I did have a worn out patch on my drive wheel.

My only question is on my old board when the motor to die it made that noice when I would try to accelerate hard and brake.

that definitely sounds like belt slip/skip

High pitch screechy noise=belt slipping in my experience

Not skidding, ABS.

1 Like

I don’t know anything about this, where can I learn more?

1 Like

It’s just standard ABS, prevents the wheels from blocking so you can still steer while breaking hard. You probably have it turned on, therefore the brakes “skip”.

It’s just modern car style assisted braking lol

I honestly had no idea our boards even had an abs system lol

Well not so much the boards, it’s a vesc feature and enabled by default. If you want to leave some skid marks you can disable it though.

idk what this is, is it the same thing as the wikipedia page that pops up when I google it?

Yes and no. In this case it’s a vesc setting I had never known about.

I don’t even know what it is in VESC, what the setting does, or why I’d want it. why wouldn’t I want brakes to lock up? that’s what brakes are supposed to do.

Because when your brakes lock up you no longer slow down effectively since it means tire grip is lost. The most effective braking comes at the limit of tire traction, and ABS helps you regain traction if it is lost by releasing the brakes enough for the tires to regrip.

3 Likes

neat, how does it work electrically with the VESC? are there parameters to adjust like eRPM limits for it?

No, you can just slow the ABS current limit to avoid it throwing overcurrent errors.

1 Like

I wasn’t actually aware that was a setting available in VESC. There’s traction control that prevents a single side from spinning too quickly, but nothing in the opposite direction.

OMG that’s what that does? heck yeah I’m totally turning that on.