I need help please

I have a single stack battery

Bet :eyes:

In that case everything is pointing towards getting an eboosted single stack enclosure for a switchblade

That what im thing of doing

just do it

The value for money is incredibly good. You won’t regret it. And the switchblade is an awesome deck.

I have a switchblade combo if you are interested:

2 Likes

I know, I am really tempted to get I, but I don’t know if I am ready to drop that kind of money (not that it is not totally worth it). The deck and enclosure is already braking the bank, but the combo is really pushing, I wish I could justify it. Right I am trying to fix my old deck (part of me hope it doesn’t work so I can get a new one) just so I can finish my board.

Then

Do both sides, then paint/skin/whatever. It’ll be stronger than it left the factory.

If your enclosure is plastic, fiberglass that too.

1 Like

Can we see a pic of the delam? In most cases i wouldn’t suggest trying to fix it because the stress environment that eskates go through. Especially if its near a dropdown or dropthrough.

The delam isn’t so bad. That crack on the neck, however, is concerning. That is where it would break, and it’s one big bump away from doing so. Its a skateshred “switchblade” by the look of it? If I were you, I’d buy the same deck, as it’s pretty cheap, reinforce the new one immediately. Then, proceed as planned. While you’re at it, reinforce the enclosure, too, like Brian was talking about up there somewhere.

1 Like

The probelm is that this the second one to delam and I only rode it analog. I messaged them they might just give me replacement deck.

Nice! But yeah that doesn’t bode well. They’re using cheap adhesive by the sound of it.

this is probably the only time I’ll recommend this
Fiberglass both sides for strength, then, coat the entire thing, edges and all, in 2-3 thin coats of epoxy. Hang it by fishing wire while you do that and remove it when it’s cured enough to touch.
Under regular circumstances, that would be a terrible idea that would fuck with the flex, but in this case, it would basically seal everything into one solid object, which would make delamination near impossible.

Resin does fuckall for strength, adding more does nothing but make it heavier. It will not fix their shitty adhesive issues. The only benifit of extra epoxy on the rails is it will resist the weather, but I doubt weather is causing his delams.

3 Likes

I mainly used it at night on dry smooth road.

He’s in my state so it might be :rofl:
But yeah, definitely a cheap adhesive problem, and the best I got on that is simply encase it.

You right tho, prolly still wouldn’t do enough.

Fiberglass will help, Kai was right with that, but just adding resin doesn’t do anything.

My 2 cents, if you ride much over 20mph, and ride alot, I’d get your replacement from them and use as a manual. Then grab a switchblade combo from Alan to build out.
Hard to trust a board that keeps delamming to hold up to the rigors of esk8

3 Likes

looks around for cops
Use the replacement to make a mold and buy a roarockit kit

Also the resin itself cost more then a new deck ( at least the one I was looking at). If I can find cheaper resin, I think I will bite the bullet and wrap my enclosure in fiber glass or maybe use it as a mold.

1 Like