I need help please

i dont. but if youre that concerned about your materials, maybe consider the fact that PPE exists.

My 2 concerns are 1 it does not work with my vesc and 2 is it really any better then the one I bought on amazon?

Or use lead free

Fume extractor is PPE technically so we’re basically saying the same thing

2 Likes

Just snack on a few small pieces of leaded solder first, then work without fear because handling metallic lead isn’t really much of a concern in the big picture compared to the pieces you just ate.

/s

4 Likes

agreed. there may, sometimes, be a reason to use less than ideal materials. there is never a good reason to not take the according precautions.

1 Like

idk what esc you’re using

flipsky mini 6.7

the one you sent is going to not have a straightforward way to mount to your enclosure and looks bulky, nice to use purpose built parts sometimes

I don’t mind drilling wholes in the heat sink and the my vesc has screw wholes to mount it to things already. plus isn’t a bigger heat sink better?

I guess technically yes

but don’t listen to me, I hardly know what I’m talking about 25% of the time, I just build what I can build

also the thinner fines allow more heat dissipation

My question is has anyone ever use copper heat pipes before.

for wat

1 Like

imo, run the esc as is for now. if youre not happy with the power it can handle, upgrade to a better esc later on. but an improvised heatsink probably wont affect performance enough to be worth the trouble.

for cooling the vesc

how are you going to cool the esc with copper heat pipes?

Yep, but what you said could be interpreted as “solder lead is not that dangerous”. Sorry, I really didn’t want to pull anything you said out of context, but just to make it clear (and I know you said this, but I’ll put it in more grave terms):

Just because lead solder wire is much less dangerous than lead powder, it is NOT a lot safer to use. After you’re (and by you I mean people who use leaded solder) done soldering, hopefully with gloves and a really good mask, you maybe touch those battery terminals again. Or you sell the pack or ESC or whatever to someone. There are many more variables in this equation than just the act of soldering itself. :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah I get it, more curious of your implementation