I had feared this was coming — Lacroix Underwater

Tldr vesc still kinda sucks

That’s been my experience too. More difficult to set up than others. But once setup properly, very robust.

3 Likes

Massive skill issue

3 Likes

Still rocking an OG Unity in one of my boards :melting_face:

3 Likes

I had good luck with my 60D. No issues at all and setup was always easy with no problems. Wish the newer ones were as solid. Would be great if the BKB xenithcore was fixed and reliable, but I’m not gonna be a test dummy

1 Like

Im with you, but not very hopeful that a scab like bkb can sort issues that Lacroix never did.

I welcome more dual vescs to the fold since we live in a land of mainly makers/solos

1 Like

One of my board with a unity just stopped working one day. Opened the orange silicone cover and saw that the BT module rattled off and assume was shorting something. Took off the module and the board worked fine. Haven’t died…yet

2 Likes

Are we talking the bioboards one? The green one? I am using that one currently. Any insight regarding its reliability? :expressionless:

1 Like

Reliable yes. Pain in the ass to setup, believe it or not, also yes.

21s esc, small, high amps, reasonably priced… that’s what a lot of people want. maker x for all it’s flaws has been bulletproof for me once I got it set up right.

6 Likes

I’m still running 3 Unity’s and a StormCore 60. No problems so far but I don’t push any boundaries.

I’ve got a MakerX in a bag ready for my eMTB2 build, thanks for the fore-warning about setting them up. I did find a YT vid, hopefully that’ll cover everything.

2 Likes

Mines been great thus far, I have the black one

1 Like

I did promise a definitive guide to no makerx fuckery
am still covidded
soon :tm:

4 Likes

I got my d100s pretty much when it was released. Only issues have been from me blowing up motors from overheating. Otherwise there was a weird sensored>sensorless transition on fw 5.3 that feels fixed in fw6

1 Like

I would love to see this guide! Mine’s a D100S. Not sure if there is a setup difference between that and a DV6?

It’s all the same.

2 Likes

I have new motors coming in for my D100s board, will need to reprogram. Guide will be made then.

1 Like

I made some notes when I set up my 4wd d100s’s

3 Likes

One more thing to add. Empty out both uart ports while you do motor detection because it messes with the values. And even if the values calculated might seem consistent or normal, it doesn’t guarantee that they are the right values.

I had 180A set per motor with bad detection values and whatever I was doing it didn’t go over 140A. Redid detection without anything in the uarts and suddenly the current can actually reach 180A. Bad detection values can also cause overcurrent errors and other issues, so this is important.

3 Likes

Does anyone know why this happens? Seems like a design oversight

I don’t know the reason for it but it definitely does happen. I didn’t have an issue with this on my DV6 or first batch DV4S, or at least didn’t see a sign suggesting something is bad. But David from makerx said that it happens on all his escs. I have a newer DV4S too but I have yet to set that one up, will be interesting to see if it also does this.