I cannot get this thing unjammed

Unfortunately, my autozone only has the fat clamp bitches that won’t even reach around the pulley to get close to the shaft. Neither do they dock perfectly tip to tip with the motor shaft with just the right girth to easily slip right in the tight pulley hole. That’s why I like, Noooo LOVE mine. :rofl:

2 Likes

Giant lack of big brain energy in here

Just screw in two socket cap screws into the pulley, but not enough to tough the shaft, torch pulley, then use any sized 2 piece gear puller on the screws to pull it off…

Gear pullers that can fit under the actual pulley are ideal… but the grab the screw method works great to get you to that point with larger thick pullers

After you get the gear off, just pull off that belt retainer. Not needed if you even remotely align your pulleys…

If you have a hard time getting the gear puller screw to stay on the shaft, take a security hex screwdriver bit of a small socket and use that as force distribution/a place for the screw tip to sit in.

Warning: 4 big brains only

5 Likes

dude I’ve got one just like yours, but I’m at home not at the shop…

and like @DerelictRobot mentioned I’ve modified my wiper arm puller heavily to enhance it’s use… modified the approach angles and thinned the tip, and even added a little notch at the midpoint, but all of this is way out of the kidz skill set I’m afraid…
and like @kook from the future has spoken:

3 Likes

Your alive man! Sorry.to get off topic…=P

2 Likes

Only half my pulleys have grubs on both sides like that. Wouldn’t work. Especially if a pulley is stuck due to grub issues.

6 Likes

don’t listen to that ball of burnt hair and mothballs, skunky…

1 Like

Yeah, in the case of it being stuck due to grub issues this wouldn’t work. I only thought this up the other night when I had to remove a pulley with more green loctite than pulley itself, that was also ~0.5mm from the mount. Was a rough time.

I’ve only seen pulleys with 2 or 4 grub screw holes so far. Didn’t know there were ones with only one floating about.

1 Like

Last time I had a pulley get stuck, I had to pull with enough force to literally shear the 2 grub screws. But still good idea for some occasions.

1 Like

She doesn’t want to go, she wants you to ditch the bride, and just ride…

4 Likes

…lmao…

Get that out a different way…

5 Likes

that’s a wicked ass vice you got there!!!

4 Likes

OG panavise mounted on a scrap piece of plastic w/a tapped bolt hole for squid arms… The vices are only like $25 on eBay…

Vintage panavise 301. @Arzamenable needs one with this setup.

3 Likes

I’d try and use a mallet and try and knock on the motor mount to push the motor pulley out.

And or toggle the motor mount back and forth till the motor pulley comes out.

If you can I’d try and press the keyway down. Sometimes it helps if you can.

1 Like

Have you tried screaming at it?

16 Likes

inb4 he destroys the pulley, mount, and motor somehow XD

3 Likes

Not that inept. I guess this jamming is a common enough thing with a keyway.

Thanks for the vote of confidence tho @murdomeek

I dunno man… If you didn’t lather than thing in red/green loctite or screwed a grub screw into the keyway once and marred the slot… you borked somethin bretty hard…

1 Like

So you don’t think the gear puller will work?

Will see

Oh no, a puller will work. Use the screw method to start if it takes two. I just haven’t seen it that bad unless heaps of loctite was used. Which, IMO, is completely unnecessary in the first place. Key and 2 grubs is gucci

Fuck dude… what sort of nerds even secure their pulleys… Just align the belts so the motor pulley grinds into the motor mount… Won’t fall off that way and ride still worky…

@boardnamics… I want a refun…

5 Likes

It’s a single flange , but I could only find dual flange 15mm on the BKB site and they are sold out. No issues using dual flange? They are just regular 6355s