Hydra Carver | 31" Double Kicktail | Trampa Vertigo Urban Carve Trucks | Leopard 8072-220KV | Kaly 80XX Motor Mounts | Battery TBD | EzRun Max 6 ESC

Hey guys,

Have had fun for the past six years building and chatting. Decided to dismantle a few builds and salvage others. This is what I came up with, hope it comes out well.

Deck - 31’ Double Kicktail

Trucks – Trampa Vertigo Carvers

Wheels - Clones

ESC – EZRun Max 6

Motors - Dual Leopard LC8072 220KV

Motor Mounts - 2X Kaly Motor Mounts

Control – 2.4Ghz mini remote controller

Battery – 4X Gens Ace 7000mAh 7.4V 70C 2S1P Hardcase Lipo Battery Pack

Battery Enclosure – Carbon Fiber DIY

Esc Enclosure - Carbon Fiber DIY

Griptape - Hydra Logo DIY

This is the set up I will be taking from.

“Demon | Trampa MBS Hybrid | Atom 95X Core | Mini Vertigo Trucks | EZRun MAX6 ESC 160a | Dual 8072 Leopard 220KV Motors | 2x Kaly Motor Mounts | 4x HRB 7.4v 6000mAh Lipo Battery 2S 60C 120C - ESK8 Builds - Electric Skateboard Builders Forum | Learn How to Build your own E-board” Demon | Trampa MBS Hybrid | Atom 95X Core | Mini Vertigo Trucks | EZRun MAX6 ESC 160a | Dual 8072 Leopard 220KV Motors | 2x Kaly Motor Mounts | 4x HRB 7.4v 6000mAh Lipo Battery 2S 60C 120C - ESK8 Builds - Electric Skateboard Builders Forum | Learn How to Build your own E-board

4 Likes

Using acetone to make board tacky to make adhesive stick better. I did this back in 2017 so the board is already done just showing pics of the process.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Took off the excess with a file.

IMG_20170629_201035-ANIMATION

I sanded the epoxy for a second coat.

This is the second coat.

I was going to use this board as an up grade to this setup.

5 Likes

Here are the pics of it when assembled bet never went beyond this point.

IMG_20170903_064340-ANIMATION

5 Likes

I’m curious to know what your truck angles will be once mounted to the tails of the deck.

3 Likes

@monsterbuilder Truck angle seems to be at 17 degrees.

2 Likes

Is that the angle of the deck? If so, what’s the angle of the baseplate itself? Are you using 50’ baseplates?

2 Likes

@monsterbuilder This is what underneath looks like.

3 Likes

Gotcha, didn’t know you were running channels. Your previous picture showed RKP, so I was a bit confused.

17’ might be fine for the rear. You will probably want to use an angled shim for the front to increase the angle.

1 Like

@monsterbuilder yea, I was just showing the history. Of what I was going to do with this board on another setup. Sorry for the confusion.

1 Like

Take two Hamburger baskets and cut off the tabs for the enclosure

Then cut off the ends of each one.

Then I tape them together.

Then epoxy the two together to make the enclosure

I put scotch tape around the sides to keep the epoxy from dripping through the basket while layering the carbon fiber.

Spray the basket with upholstery adhesive.

Cut the carbon fiber twill, enough to over cover the basket.

Then nip and tuck as needed.

2 Likes

Take Philip head screw and attach twill covered basket to masked board.

Laminate thin coat over basket and let dry

4 Likes

When dry and cured take out screws and shave off excess on the inside.

8 Likes

Fucking hamburger baskets man, how do they work?

4 Likes

@sleepless They work well like any other enclosure. The shape is already there the width and when I screw the basket to the board I get the curvecher of the deck. I do this very often with most of my builds as you will soon see.

1 Like

I have to fill the old insert holes from the previous build of the deck and fill the holes on the basket from it being screwed while laminating.

While the epoxy dries and cures I’m going to router a channel for wires to go from batteries to ESC case to the back tail of the deck

After making the channel for the 10 gauge wires I will epoxy them in.

Taping the deck to the board so I can drill holes so I can screw enclosure to the board.

4 Likes

Is just one layer of carbon and epoxy strong enough to protect the battery from road debris?

2 Likes

This is 10000000 IQ wow I love it

2 Likes

@dasman I’m not finished coating the enclosure. The 1 layer of carbon fiber is sufficient, the basket itself adds a layer of protection. I’ve done it this way many times it is tough as hell when the process is complete.

1 Like