Hydra Carver | 31" Double Kicktail | Trampa Vertigo Urban Carve Trucks | Leopard 8072-220KV | Kaly 80XX Motor Mounts | Battery TBD | EzRun Max 6 ESC

After I drill holes, I put in M4x10mm thread inserts, placed them nice and snug but not to tight and flush to the board

I taped the side of the deck to paint the topside, when dried I will put a coat of epoxy for the Hydra Logo. Really don’t care about making the whole thing smooth, just the center where the red paint will be exposed.

2 Likes

Trying to figure out which logo print to use.

I chose to use this black and white to save on ink but it will look like one of the top two.

I used a spray adhesive to contact the back of the grip tape where I will cut out the hydra logo

Cutting this logo took some time so in between I layer some table top epoxy on deck top to dry and cure while I continued to cut out logo

After it cures I layed the outer part of the grip tape

Then I put in the center, and now it’s ready to transfer parts from old setup to new Hydra Deck

2 Likes

Marking to drill holes for spring tension pins

Put another coat of epoxy on basket enclosure

You can see where I epoxyed the old holes and where the resent holes are.

Going to drill holes for charge ports

Holes for kill switch

1 Like

Assembled the parts to see what it will look like. Still need to connect wires, voltage display and battery and to reloctite mechanical parts, going to take a break.

3 Likes

I wanted to use this battery, because of the ESC I’m using it won’t work properly. So now I have to use an 8s set up I have 8 2s lipo batteries. They will be perfect.

Making a cut out for voltage display.

Replacing and blue loctite any missing grub screws

Desided to run the battery. It won’t allocate when I first turn it on, had to keep flipping the switch to make it work. It’s because the battery is a 10s and the ESC require 3s to 8s. I have a set of lipos I can use.

3 Likes

How’s the build going :call_me_hand: did you figure out the esc/controller issues?