Hummie hubs Kickstarter

The tire molds were done ages ago and they’ve poured 590 tires and shipping them now. The screen shots above are showing convo with the place casting the hangers in China.

Stators are 47x52mm .2mm lamination Kawasaki steel

10 Likes

How long would you guess this batch would be in stock? do you plan on reordering before you run out?

1 Like

I have no plans at this point other than sending what I owe. Past that I’ll have maybe 10-15 more sets to sell.

10 Likes

I don’t blame you. What a stress test.

7 Likes

I haven’t been this excited since June 2019!

Dibs on a set from that 15. Take my money!

7 Likes

If John was smart he would have faked all of this. It’s been 1000 days. If he invested that 43k into stocks (or even bonds) the return would now be around $650 each for all 43 backers ($250 for bonds). John could then refund everyone and call the project a failure and walk off with pretty much the entire original pot as profit.

15 Likes

Everything is that easy if you can time the market :wink:
During the covid crash u could dump money into anything for profit. This year is looking quite grim so far

8 Likes

@hummieee :smiley_cat: how’s it going? Summer/Fall 2022?

2 Likes

I have tires n wheels and all the other parts except for hangers which are still being cast.

Actually I still need magnet spacers and had been trying to do a different version but will have to go w the standard I think

Have lots of old stators if anyone is interested in making motors. 5$ each. .2mm Kawasaki steel. At like 1/3 or 1/4 wholesale cost. What I use now has a smaller inner diameter.

Aend alone screwed up the color. They fit great. Maybe I could do a giant dye job and darken them to match the wheels.

30 Likes

So a goof but getting there.

… getting there

30 Likes

Let it be known. I would love to buy a pair of these if John has an extra set after he sorts out team patient. @hummieee - Nice work! - it will be really cool to see this batch make it into the wild.

5 Likes

Same ^ I’ve got a set of the reg Centrax wheels from him

2 Likes

omg. I just can’t wait any longer, but I have to wait longer.

8 Likes

Hangers aren’t done yet. Should be very soon.

1 Like

I commend your patience

3 Likes

This was this week

4 Likes

Such detailed updates :rofl:

6 Likes

@hummieee :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Putting together. Be shipped no later than end of next month. Likely end of this month if ur in USA

13 Likes

Yep, I’m in SoCal. Will message you since I took over someone’s spot on kickstarter back in 2020 (wow, has it been that long!?), make sure everything is kosher.

4 Likes