Hummie hubs Kickstarter

Those wires look dinky but they’re the magnet wires and will skewer 12awg multi strand housed in the hanger as soon as leave the motor.

1 Like

Mmmmm that looks good

2 Likes

I mean that size strand is fine, aslong as they’re kept short :person_shrugging:. The 10 AWG hysteria makes 0 sense for phase wires unless they’re super long or push massive amps, which is not very likely for this size motors.

5 Likes

I mean I don’t think hardly anyone is trying to switch their phase wires from default, which I’m pretty sure is 12awg

but even 12 is plenty

1 Like

12awg will fit the grooves in the hanger so must be that.

And the end of the axles are drilled for I think an m5 bolt holding on the motor.

3 Likes

What I mean is, for the avrage outrunner we use the outside phase wires are not equal to the total circumference of the phase wires inside the motor

3 Likes

Ah probably but I guess they all have them from factory, and sometimes the thicker wire is more durable anyways

Sure, you can technically run the turnigy motors with the crappy skinny wires and not have a problem, but they are stiff and break, whereas the flipskys with the thicker flexible wires don’t.

The wires u see in his pic will feed into the 12awg multi strand as soon as out of the motor. They skewer it in the big slot in the image I posted, then the multi strand squeezes int the three slots n from there to esc. (Maybe Not what ur asking)

In the motors it’s 16awg magnet wires that’s vacuumed w resin and will be bomber solid. 16awg in a motor is pretty huge

4 Likes

That makes sense, seems like a good method

1 Like

Naw i have some ronins i wanna run as a front truck and some hubs in the back as a short cruiser style of board, ronins r very hard to find/get.

2 Likes

What generation is this?

I haven’t followed this project, so I’m unclear how many versions are out there

2 Likes

Maybe 4th version.

4 Likes

Bing bong!

2 Likes

They finished the tires and should send them today!

We wait for hangers to be done.

9 Likes

That sounds like they’ve finished the mould for the tires, not the tires themselves? Or maybe there have been more updates since the messages you posted. Either way that’s cool! Do you still plan on producing more for general sale after the kickstarter pledges have been sent?

3 Likes

+1

I hope if these end up a success that we could get more batches made, hopefully with faster turnaround time :laughing:

4 Likes

I was trying to gauge the size of the stator in the hub based off this picture and realised we’re wearing the same watch. Or at least family, they seem to update them every 9 months. I had a search here but it’s a big thread, do you have dimensions on stator length and diameter, and wheel diameter and width?

Stator or the bell? wheel diameter is 84mm (I have tiny ladyhands)

Ideally stator but bell is useful too. Are the wheels extra wide then? I’ve spent the last 15 minutes trying to guess by drawing on the image but I’m way off

They’re made to look like the centrax style wheels.

7 Likes