Hummie hubs Kickstarter

Great news! Do you think we Europeans will be receiving them this year? Probably shipping to Europe will be more expensive than you’ve had predicted. I’m willing to pay some exta if I can help you with that. We need to help each other out if possible :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ll be selling a bunch of decks n wheels soon at a low cost to raise money for shipping to eu. For sure be out this year. I really think be out end of next month to eu and end of this month for USA

33 Likes

These look great John. When are you going to start the next batch? :rofl:

18 Likes

I don’t think about the next batch at this point. I have so many tires and wheels for sure will do another. A faster batch! I found a place that will assemble so not my slow self

18 Likes

Hey, I was wondering if I can purchase a hummie deck? Or how would I go about purchasing one?

1 Like

I’m local to San Fran

2 Likes

I have a bunch of decks I’ll be selling very soon.

7 Likes

Are all hubs spoken for at this point, or will there be extras that can be purchased?

2 Likes

Yes.

5 Likes

John. Your patience is incredible… or at least your ability to stay calm over text is. I would have been losing my mind that this project has taken so long to complete :rofl:

Maybe I’ll get back into esk8 with a pair of these once they hit the market :face_in_clouds: the facility where I’m going to be working is almost too smooth to not skate on it…

9 Likes

Thanks and thanks for being patient and not freaking out that I changed everything from what was shown except the tire material and it’s 14 teeth(matching the magnets). U can get away with that on Kickstarter and taking over 1000 days, plus more.

these two faces aren’t flush. I think its worth casting some low-melt temp indium metal and making a thin wedge to go between or even a bunch of machined aluminum shims. I wonder how it effects the strength as it is now without the larger aluminum face leveraging. It’s 11mm splined rod from Grob. I don’t think when cast in the hanger it gets hot enough to soften the steel hardness. The axles are perfectly straight as far as I can tell

As it is now it still is a boss or whatever with the inner steel circle they added to the ends of the axle. I’ve seen good results with transferring heat through big hangers made for the enertion hubs long ago and worth making that shim maybe for strength and definitely for heat.

But I just wind motors 50 done n owe 76. And temp sensors in the mail will add it to half of them. And nylon magnet spacers in mail. I realize these things last min and do things last min when everything else is assured. But I figure be done it all and out the door to eu as well by mid next month at latest. As soon as these spacers show… be just a couple days can send all to usa.

18 Likes

Could you add a piece of super thin thermal pad?

2 Likes

Maybe that’s good enough. The circle around the axle still is a solid face on face. Probably strong enough but I wonder.

3 Likes

If you desired those faces be super close why not machine them flat together?

1 Like

There’s the axle in the way.

1 Like

can be machined with a lathe if you really need them to be flushed.

1 Like

It’s a splined rod

1 Like

doesn´t matter :slight_smile: well you can´t go all the way down to the splines. but that can be cleaned up with other tools

5 Likes

the idea of cleaning it up with other tools getting inside all those grooves… sounds very time consuming if possible and it’s a steel insert on the end

4 Likes

Bore out the opposite side a tiny bit. The stator side. That way you don’t have to clean up the splines.

2 Likes