Hummie hubs Kickstarter

8 Likes

Hey @hummieee count me in, one more backer !
Hope we’ll make it happen.

3 Likes

!! we’re are sitting at the edge of doing it all the time!!. Awesome we have a Fred on the team, like that name and with an X last name. you could be living next door or Tibet Im guessing

t will do a demo a couple days in golden gate park and maybe get to some of the enertion events but out of ideas and motivation for the moment. Id spam everyone if I could and be everywhere someone was interested to get them on the motors if I could.

but more practically im liking offering kickstarter buyers incentive:
lifetime warranty
the 4 tires and 4 centrax wheels included

and going to see if I can get abec to let me sell their 2 centrax with the two motor tires at almost my cost and they require people to sell the set of four at like 80-85$. In large bulk I got them for 45 and maybe up to 50 with shipping. the motor tires I think cost me almost 7$. I want to sell the 2 tires and 2 wheels for 40$ Im not trying to make a profit on selling tires and wheels just get the mold made. I’ll have to buy 300 tires anyway right off the bat as minimum quantity, so even if I were to haggle them down I will have enough tires i could make structures out of them so don’t want tires. want mold and get us all the best custom hub motor polyurethane in the world. I don’t think anyone will argue with that statement. and then the 90mm mold we could do cheaply soon after as we’d have the expensive half of the mold already done.

3 Likes

You should request pics to all the people that already have your drives. And ask them for a few words regarding how many miles they have done and where have they been riding them. Make it into an image and post it on kick starter and have someone post the Kickstarter on Reddit

1 Like

got the price dropped on the 2 centrax paired with the 2 motor tires to 40$. that’s what I get those for within a dollar going one way or the other.

I tried to post on reddit but have to be there for like a week to post.

i’ll write to all who have the new motors and see about compiling their experience. worth knowing.

1 Like

You should actually request one of your customers to post on Reddit. They are received better when posted by the user.

10 Likes

If anyone one in Sweden wants a pair, poke me. Shipping is balls.

@hummieee Got any backup plan if you dont reach the goal? I need mah hummies

it will happen! talked to aend and will get 50 molds instead of the full 100. a surprise as they said they wouldn’t do that before. if we get to 20k its on.

11 Likes

so we need like 8 more sets gone then! come on people, sell your kids, hide your wife!
I’ll prob get another set if i dont get hit by the 160US shipping bat

2 Likes

@hummieee when do you expect that delivery would be?

1 Like

What are the chances of a bigger hub tires in future? like a 110mm 0r 115mm. I’ll get a set if @hummieee says bigger tires are happening in the future, 83mm is just too small to work well with some roads.

2 Likes

I am curious, does anyone know if I get a 110mm CNC aluminum mould for these tires cut it in half, put mold release on it close them with clamps and and pour the urethane myself, will that work? Obviously it’s not going to be Abec11 quality but for functional wheels this should work right?

1 Like

Pretty sure John did some wheels of his own. he can prob answer
@hummieee

1 Like

U could make wheels yourself but with polyurethane generally deteriorating at 170f I doubt they will be good for long and likely dangerous, but when we get the molds done we will have the expensive inner part done and I’ll go for a 91mm wheel right away. Going beyond that size it’s like doing reverse gearing putting a bigger load and strain on the motor and with the direct drives I see out there I suspect cutouts they have is due to the heat rising and effecting the motor’s electrical resistance and inductance so much that the esc losses synch. I’m trying to make efficient motors more so than make giant wheels. Different strokes. Right now I’m making some 90 duro wheels for this 6 motor street luge! Harder tires are easy and you can use most any pu and they should last…still not that long actually, but for nice 78 duro, that’s what we really want. Difference in ride quality is huge

I was pouring “hot pour” pu intended for high heat and with a harder core as well but nothing shows nearly as durable as this custom aend stuff. No one has had tire issues no matter what temp hit as far as I know.

If ur in eu @linsus or any other people and order multiple sets tell me and I’ll put them all in one box and return whatever is left from the exact shipping price

Going forward I’ve got some design changes: bigger bearing on inside (huge), easier access to the outer bearing so can take seals off to grease without taking motors apart, and sealed, plus…

The time till you will receive them will be fast and the machined parts will be done first and will employ people to get them built by the time the tires get to me. Tires got to me in 7 weeks.

I’ll post whatever value you want as far as for import taxes/tariffs.

Anyone up till know with them or on the Kickstarter…ill hook up up with wholesale costs on all other skate stuff I get going forward. Trucks. Wheels. …

8 Likes

That second deck brings back childhood memories of my Santa Cruz with Independent trucks and wide / big wheels I used for bombing hills and getting up to mischief in mall car parks.

1 Like

I’m trying to get a show of hands who’s going to be getting these and just waiting till later in the KS. We need to get to the 20k mark!

Excited to put six high kv motors on this next week and see what happens.

6 Likes

Nice dude!! Where’s the battery and electronics going?

1 Like

I forget his name on the forum who got this on loan for us so could get him to tell us more as I haven’t seen it in person yet. Think will do electronics just past the head. The electronics will get on there somehow.

1 Like

I’ve been wanting to do this to a luge for a while now, this is going to be exciting to keep an eye on!

A lot of luge riders I remember having a pad for your thighs up front, and a pad for the head. Maybe a padded enclosure up front and under the thighs might be a good spot too for some electronics. Gonna have to feel it out though, maybe the pads can’t be too thick at all, enough for the four front ESCs maybe.

18650 pack, or thinking lipo’s for all the power this thing will gobble?

I have a lot of ion cells around. I think with six motors especially laying down I’ll be good enough

get some motors please! good for you good for me so can get the molds and go forward. its do or die. we have to make it to 20K!

2 Likes