Hummie hubs Kickstarter

I’ll say this, any updates you make to pledge levels (like adding more) or rewards (like adding tyres for $1) should be communicated on KS via Updates.

It provides clarity and reinforces confidence to your backers.

Also, stale projects on KS rarely attract the backing they need.

5 Likes

we’re on schedule to get there (we’re getting there no matter what really)

I have like 150 12mm axle hangers around my house but we go for better, bigger, more fins and waffles, better thermal contact and most importantly a precision straight axle. should have the prototypes done in time before the end of the kickstarter to assure its good and then we go that way! not really a risk as the motor stays pretty much the same

other changes are huge inner bearing, sealed motor, motor wires routed in the hanger, much better thermal contact to the motor

5 Likes

This. So much this.

1 Like

Don’t change too much :thinking: the design is proven, you might run into unforseen issues when you try last minute improvements

11 Likes

ill get this prototype done before the kickstarter is even over. the motors will stay almost the same, just sealed and with a bigger bearing. I have these many other hangers as back up just incase

5 Likes

Update the KS campaign with feedback. Backers LOVE feedback.

5 Likes

Green John.

That is all.

Fucking green.

6 Likes

will have to do many. let me see.

1 Like

Damn wouldve got a set but just bought TB dd at 90kv literally before yesterday lol.

Also 83mm wheels, not sure i could ride that in my city, roads are too crappy to be on a motorized anything with 83mm wheels.

Come out with slightly bigger ones and im all up for a set.

3 Likes

You’d be surprised how good a wide contact patch wheel can feel even at 76mm.
Especially with quality urethane.

5 Likes

Its cause my streets are full of cracks and rocks

2 Likes

I get that. Statement still stands.

Have you seen the condition of roads that the DH community rides regularly on much smaller wheels at higher speeds than us?
Wide is mo better

2 Likes

the 91mm tire is the plan and wont be far off since the expensive part of the molds will be done already but putting giant wheels or even off road wheels on a direct drive or hubs… it becomes inefficient and at worst Ive seen it can get so hot and effect the wire resistance and inductance so much as to lose synch with the esc. its essentially doing a reverse gearing. if you don’t plan to push things hard or do mountains maybe.

1 Like

My speed board (or stupid board a.k.a mr beans if you want to call it)
Has 90mm wheels on it and can do 84km/h which scares me shitless when i hit the slightest little rock on thw highway. (I take the board out only at night in full motorcycle gear and go on the highway beside my house. It becomes dead around 9pm so i have 3 lanes of goodness for about 4km all for me)

3 Likes

Trying to push it to 100km/h (60mph) but its getting hard and its freaking scary has hell at those speeds.
You gotta stay in the zone when you it a crack, minor rock or anything that gives a little hit.
If you stiffen up its done, your out.
I still shake when i get off even though ive done it numerous times.

Better then crack lol

2 Likes

60mph? wow. is that pretty much the record? maybe you should record it

10 Likes

I’m pretty sure @moestooge got a guy to 65mph with more to go…

5 Likes

I belive it’s @MoeStooge himself that holds the unofficial speed record at something like 70 mph, unless @Lucifer beat it, which would not surprise me…

I know @Lucifer hits mid 50’s in up hill races like it’s nothing.

7 Likes

:thinking:Let’s see you do this at our next group ride :thinking:

5 Likes

Dudes do this! These are the most durable drives out. At most u have to replace bearings. Best polyurethane. Smallest airgap. All steel parts not extruded and bolted with little screws.
Look at the reviews of the other stuff vs these and customer service. We need u to make it to the goal!

4 Likes