Hummie hubs Kickstarter

What would the top speed be on Hummie Hubs and 12s @hummieee?

@DEEIF I think I know, the last batch was 32mph at 12S (73kv) with the 84mm tires provided.

If you make your own larger tires, there’s no reason they can’t go above 55mph at 60a battery current limit per motor with 2 motors in BLDC mode.

1 Like

Thanks!

30mph easy.

2 Likes

I got 40mph atm its 60 im working on

2 Likes

Thanks @mmaner and @Kingdom421! How’s the torque like in 12s going up big hills etc?

1 Like

I am so dam psyched for this project. Does anyone know how torquey these motors are?

I’ve had no issues with hills but I don’t ride any big ones.

2 Likes

Thanks @mmaner!

1 Like

Hopefully they get my heavy arse up hills.

And just like that the h starts working. Damn it i was looking forward to posting about hummie hubs with no h

7 Likes

@DEEIF i use a 4x4 on one 10s4p set up so its no problems. Full stop up hill then plenty of torque to start mid hill. I will soon be trying 12s but i just got the 10s dialed in. My 10s pushes 42v

1 Like

Any geared dual motor drive, gear ratio’d to 32mph no load virtual ground speed @ 12S, will have comparable performance to a set of most recent generation @hummieee hubs, regardless of KV or tire size.

2 Likes

Nice! What deck if you mind? @Kingdom421

1 Like

Used to be on a land yacht custom but now its going in the prototype. Should be done around the 15thish. I wont post pics till its complete. But i will be at the next event in the USA

1 Like

Is that moving toward or away from the singularity?

Disclaimer
I only know that term singularity from star trek

7 Likes
9 Likes

I think it makes him even more likeable :grin:

Just wanted to show these things can handle SF so hill capability is there for sure.

4 Likes

It was a first time run up that hill, California street, and with surprise cracks. It was unstable I agree. We did a bunch of video but in the end…well you’ll see and just submitted the Kickstarter. They say two to three days for them to approve it and then will be up.

6 Likes

I used to ride my bike up California St every weekday. It’s a steep, bumpy mess in places so some instability is unavoidable.

2 Likes

Front wheel drive!