Hummie hubs Kickstarter

What will be the difference for you and us buyers for buying the hub and deck directly from you like before or going through here ?
Just to make everything tidier ?

1 Like

Larger area contact patch so significantly more grip in turns, and since there’s so much rubber, it compresses less so lower rolling resistance. Also the width means the wheels don’t drop into cracks, which also makes the board vibrate less which makes the board significantly quieter unpowered.

4 Likes

18 Likes

Kickstarter will set a minimum amount of orders needed to get rolling but otherwise similar.

When will it be available?

A week?
A month?
Fall?
Winter is coming

3 Likes

Tonight.

15 Likes

7aee0c1999014eade783addc69e45fe7

ugh that video.

im syched because I can sell the motor set for 700$ including extra wheels and extra tires and shipping usa insured. if we get to 40 sets sold we can afford the tires molds and all is rosy and that’s the goal

im adding a price for tires alone on the kickstarter. they will be expensive. that’s because you people who already have the motors at a cheaper price are in this and im hoping to get your push on this to get the molds we need. In the future I will sell the tires cheap. I think at this point in this kind of business approach…the price of the tires is 6.25 after we get the molds and i’ll charge 10$ each going forward if they stay at that price. But that price wont be happening if we don’t get to the kickstarter goal and any other tires will be not as good as this custom high heat formula from the best in the world. Those who have the tires attest.

comparing this to the market, if you know the market, its a broad sprectrum and feel at the top and no expense was spared in the materials and this design is proven for maybe 4 years now, not one mechanical break of a motor. will put it up tonight and be up for 60 days. just talked to manufacturer of the mechanical parts and they are 40 days, pu is 60 I think, and time to make…we will huddle in scrum formation with the pile of parts and set out a plan for an intense two weeks, and that’s money allotted for that and not after work by me.

Thanks all you peeps who helped me get this done and just lately especially with the deck sending around fiasco and owe you guys when something comes in. @Sender @BigBen @mmaner @theowneroftheconstantlytravelingdeck (gingersteve)

7 Likes

And @GingerSteve - who actually gave up the deck for you :wink:

4 Likes

They really are exceptional wheels. I love the ABEC Centrax formula, these feel the same to me.

4 Likes

for the lowest smoothest cruiser that will last forever the centrax are the nicest tires. as soon as I saw them I was hooked. is strange theyre so rare.

3 Likes

13 Likes

wait, so the kickstarter is launched or what? :thinking:

1 Like

yeah, update us with the link here once its up :slight_smile:

sorry I know I talk a lot but waiting for banks to clear and both kickstarters will be up then.

5 Likes

today it was submitted for approval and will take up to three days

3 Likes

I already have your deck but was wanting to do this charge and switch combo on my build. Any chance you could share the stl or sell the piece?

Assuming it’s not truck specific…

it uses a specific waterproof button and charge port and might even need to go with the paris v2 baseplate to fit. it probably would go with other baseplates with a bit of sanding to get it in. if youre still interested dm me.

the legal requirements of selling a battery are too much so just selling the motors or deck. The price w extra wheels and tires with USA shipping will be 700$.

The time period till shipped will be fast as will be hiring people to assemble. The parts are made quickly. Conservatively before the end of the year shipped.

3 Likes

Fair enough. I’ll have to build what I want myself. And of course, I want it soooon. If I just buy a deck, what’s the delivery estimate?