I think after jed boards and marble boards kinda screwed it up for everyone

1 Like

Just link to this thread then

1 Like

cough cough Carvon cough cough

2 Likes

How could I forget!!! He really did a great job of disappearing

2 Likes

Someone linked Enertions Facebook post about the Hummies on reddit, got bad comments and downvotes immediately. Belt boards are the shit now there. @sofu is highly popular on reddit, best thing she would write something about Hummies motors.

3 Likes

I’m popular on reddit? TIL :face_with_monocle:

9 Likes

Enertions Facebook post? Doesn’t sound positive.
TIL… Wow it’s like Reddit language

1 Like

almost 24 hours…its spam time again.

and a goofy extra long single motor from long ago.

17 Likes

If I knew about these a year ago when I was planning my first build I might have been interested, and they’re incredibly cool, but at the moment just way too expensive.

2 Likes

You get what you pay for

8 Likes
2 Likes

Had to put that there to much scrolling up to the link when im curious how this is going

1 Like

It’s true. It may be cost prohibitive at first, but one has to remember that with this package, you get

• Trucks
  • Wheels
  • Bushings
  • Motors
  • Drive Train

All of extreme quality, purpose built, and well tested (not to mention lifetime warranty)

Built by an esk8er for esk8ters, these things are perfect for anyone looking for a traditional longboard feel with esk8 power (and not normal hub power, proper power, and reliable.

Theyre also great for someone who doesnt want to play around with tolerances, gearing, etc.

Honestly, if you do the math for high quality conponents, these things are right on par with what you’d pay for their independent counterparts.

4 Likes

This guy is on to something.

If you add all that stuff up, plus spare wheels you’re going to find yourself spending as much, if not more, on an alternative drive train.

Also no cocking around with alignment, if my time is worth like $60 an hour and my skills remain linear I’d save close to 4 million dollars in build/alignment time per set of hubs.

13 Likes

For a noob (like me)the idea of the drive train being all in one like this is attractive no anxiety over will this component be compatible with that one and @hummieee has a stellar reputation for quality hubs.
I’m finding it harder each day not to bite the bullet and get some.https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1755906511/hummie-hub-motors?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=hummie

2 Likes

Money is the sole reason I haven’t yet. Me want bad

7 Likes

Me too bud, me too

4 Likes

Im getting two sets. Just trying to convince my bank account to not be to upset when money is drawn. Its a long process, but its getting there.

2 Likes

Thanks for ur support dudes and nice to see others who see the value here

ill add a slightly lower price with just the two tires and two wheels at some point but we’re talking just 40$ less. If u compare to anything else in the price range, enertion or torqueboards, I could go on about how these are in another league.

I think someone will be filling a 15k hole in the Kickstarter goal so we will only have to make 25k to get going.

4 Likes

Is a core DIY hubmotor-only option possible? No extra tires/hanger/front truck/ centrax wheel. Just the hubs and nothing else.