Hummie hub motors kickstarter up!

I feel you. The price is high. I’ll put up an option for the motors, and two trucks, 2 wheels, and two tires for 650$.
Hopefully that will get within people’s budget and get them to join.

Paris trucks have a lifetime warranty too

2 Likes

I’m considering getting a set of these since i’ve heard so many good words about them.
Two questions, what’s the length from wheel to wheel, and what’s the estimated weight of the rear truck with hubs?

the outside to outside of the wheels is roughly 304mm and 7.9lbs for the set with tires.

my life or your life?

the motor’s

just kidding. yours. possibly mine.

1 Like

so if you were to suddenly die no one could fix my hubs?

3 Likes

I don’t think i’ll die for awhile but you never know. If your motor did break there’s really only 2 types of failure I’ve been aware of with these: either a phase wire broke and you’d need to cut back some more of the black hose here to reattach the phase wire to the magnet wire that comes out of the motor and you can do that if I die, or once I saw a stator winding managed to burn up from an esc failure where it shorts the battery directly to the motor cooking the stator into death(the magnets showed fine afterwards.) . If Im alive I’ll give you another motor hub to replace in that instance and I’ll work something out in my will to deal with the possibilty of my death.

you can see how the magnet wire comes out of the motor here and I then skewer multi-strand. the black hose is hard silicone to protect the magnet wire from shorting through the motor case, which I think is likely the most common way motors die.

8 Likes

this made my day. :sweat_smile::purple_heart:

8 Likes

wow your a great man might just need to go on kickstarter

2 Likes

In essence this. If I had the money I’d be all over it. I see the value. It’s a friggen bargain.

4 Likes

These motors are a thing of beauty. Just look at those windings. So pretty and thick.

I don’t know much about motors but most that I’ve seen are of a way thinner strand and nowhere near as neatly wound as these are.

No clue if this adds to performance and efficiency but I’d like to think so.

Makes me wonder if perhaps hummie could start doing the same for 6374 190kv motors and I could start using that in my belt drive or future gear drives.

7 Likes

@hummieee Delivery is still planned for January ?

Almost flagged you for being off topic :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Early spring. Earliest spring

Delays happen. If it’s in the name of quality and it is only a moderate delay. You will catch no grief from me. Thanks for making sure we get the best motor possible. :call_me_hand:

1 Like

We’re just waiting for Aend and abec to take my money. I feel small potatoes for them and waiting for something.

3 Likes

Oh yeah I forgot about the wheel factory moving. Throws a bit of a wrench in things.

2 Likes

Is it possible to use these hub motors (or any hub motors for that matter) with 6-9 inch pneumatic tires?

Not really. They are designed for thane.
Would be very different KV for pneumatics.

7 Likes

What about cloud wheels?