HOYT ST. Nose LED Battery Indicator and design competition!

And one for under mount enclosures as well, here’s the skinny (118mm x 16mm x 5mm) designed to go with 5.5mm barrel ports and a Unity power button. I put all the wires in the same region so it’s easier to make holes, and it uses 2x M4 pan heads. Conveniently, this one prints supportless

I will be sticking this along the side of my SS Evo enclosure if I get my hands on a nose LED

Hoyt LED skinny.STL (649.8 KB)

9 Likes

Tunring in for the night but I’ll post up my entries in the morning!

2 Likes

Entry 1: Truck Mounted Voltage Display

Specifications:
Fits new school & old school truck bolt patterns. Uses M5 Socket Head bolts and washers.
L: 80mm
W: 60mm
H: 10mm (w/o gasket)

Mounting Fixture:
Hoyt Voltage Display Design 1.stl (238.4 KB)

Gasket:
Hoyt Voltage Display Design 1 Gasket.stl (63.4 KB)

Note: Can be printed with minimal support, or none, depending on how good your printer is at bridging.

7 Likes

Entry 2: External Enclosure Mount / Case Mounted Voltage Display

Specifications:
Fits / can be mounted to any flat surface. Utilizes two M3 screws to mount the housing to your vehicle/device. Included in the design are two receptacles for M3 heat-set inserts, I use these all the time, and they’re an excellent solution for mounting 3D printed parts. This design minimizes the height for mounting in order to keep the whole design close to the enclosure.
L: 75mm
W: 18mm
H: 11mm (w/o gasket)

Mounting Fixture:
Hoyt Voltage Display Design 2.stl (913.5 KB)

Gasket:
Hoyt Voltage Display Design 2 Gasket.stl (22.7 KB)

Note: Can be printed with minimal support, or none, depending on how good your printer is at bridging

6 Likes

Entry 3: Internal Enclosure Mount / Case Mounted Voltage Display

Specifications:
In comparison with the other enclosure mount, this mounting fixture mounts to the inside of the enclosure. My intent is for this to be glued into the enclosure using either silicon or hot glue. Because of this, there are no screw mounting locations. In order to install, simply cut a rectangular hole for the raised area to fit through, and glue the fixture into the enclosure. In case of damage, the 3D printed fixture may be permanently mounted into the enclosure, and discarded, with the voltage indicator being removable.
L: 75mm
W: 20mm
H: 12mm (incl raised portion)

Cutout Hole size:
L: 40mm
W: 10mm

Mounting Fixture:
Hoyt Voltage Display Design 3.stl (114.3 KB)

Note: Can be printed with minimal support.

5 Likes

Oh, that last one is super cool!

1 Like

Let the voting begin!

@ShutterShock:

@ZachTetra:

@sleepless:

@Cyanoacrylate:

VOTE VOTE VOTE

• Shuttershock
  • Sleepless
  • Zach Tetra
  • Cyanoacrylate

0 voters

Poll closes Friday

7 Likes

Not sure if you still want to change it (since it resets the votes) but i would’ve liked it if there were no results shown, until the poll closes.
grafik

4 Likes

I would tend to agree - also is it to be assumed that contestants may not vote for themselves lmao?

Results shown upon poll close & names shown would be my 2c

1 Like

Hidden until closed is definitely the most fair, and yeah gentlemen’s rules for sure

Also I’m surprised only 4 of us entered, there’s definitely more people with at least some CAD background

2 Likes

I debated it, but just don’t have time :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Poll has been fixed, please vote again

8 Likes

I know - I’ve posted more than 25% of the replies in this thread

Maybe people just didn’t remember - I did all of my designs in like one day so… I understand being busy. I think it’s a really cool accessory personally, better than the seemingly super inaccurate lead-acid originated displays

I didn’t participate because i suck at 3d modeling (Still only know how to use Tinkercad), thus making my chances of winning very slim and because i forgot to do anything.

2 Likes

If you don’t think your entry is worthy of your own vote, then why are you running? LOL

Of course people should be able to vote for themselves. But not the spouse and kids and teachers and bowling league as well…

2 Likes

But then there’s a conflict of interest, and if all of us vote for ourselves there’s no point in any of us voting

2 Likes

Lol yeah and if one of us didn’t vote then it would become unfair

I do agree ofc one should believe their design is the best otherwise why did they submit it - however, it’s also kinda weird, like, liking your own photos on Instagram

1 Like

you think its better we all just do that then so its not some kind of weird game of chicken?

1 Like

Lmao well it is just four of us, so if we all say yes then sure.

Yes just do this lmao

2 Likes