HOYT ST. Nose LED Battery Indicator and design competition!

Hi folks!

We noticed you like our nose LEDs, so here they are, for sale!

They’re a plug and play installation if you have a stormcore, just plug it into the vbatt port. Most other VESC based esc’s have a port like this, but you may need a different sized JST connector. Currently only 10s and 12s is supported.

We know you guys like diagrams, so here you go!

Win a free set of these lights!

Design a 3d printable mount that lets users easily install these on their DIY builds. Submit your design as a reply to this topic. Top 3 designs with the most likes will get a free LED kit!

Submit by August 15th to qualify!

26 Likes

You forgot to mention that these are capable of 0V to 100V standard operation, and all it takes is a firmware flash to make them work with any S-count from 1s to 24s

11 Likes

Would also require a different set of resistors to be installed. We can help you do that once you finish your work, Ben :wink:

9 Likes

Timeline?

3 Likes

What do you mean by mount? As in no drilling/milling necessary? Like where do you imagine it would go?

My immediate thoughts are a mount but for that slot in drop through decks or something…

I guess maybe that’s part of the challenge.

1 Like

Good question. Competition ends Aug 8th.

2 Likes

We’re trying to keep this as open ended as possible. Anything that makes it easier for builders to use these parts counts!

As these LEDs exist now, they are perfectly shaped to fit in our boards, which is dope; but it makes them hard to mount in other boards, which is whack. Lets fix it.

5 Likes

Sounds cool! How do these mount? Are they just glued in?

We use these two mounting holes

4 Likes

Well I have a perfect spot for this on an Omakase build… Guess it’s time to get designing.

Are multiple entries allowed or is it one per person?

2 Likes

@hoytskate whats this dimension?
also whats the thickness of the PCB, visually id say like 1.3mm but want to confirm

1 Like

For the community, i would say that more is better. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Here is a more detailed drawing.

7 Likes

whats the width of this connector?
E: dont worry abt that actually, i can approximate

I’ll share a 3d model of the light tonight with the dimensions cited by tonight so it’ll be quicker to get a working prototype case for everyone.

I got a better question :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
@hoytskate what connector type is it? JST-PH?

Edit/
almost there, just waiting to know the connector type

4 Likes

@hoytskate

gold star :star: for this giveaway competition
AND you added diagrams :drooling_face:
You know how to get to us, I’ll give you that :laughing:

7 Likes

This is fun, ill see if i get the time to work on this. @PixelatedPolyeurthan nice :smile:

1 Like

My bet is on @ShutterShock
Don’t let me down now :slightly_smiling_face:

Hehehe

I’m still waiting to see if multiple entries are allowed

Also, @hoytskate I would suggest having a separate thread for the entries, like, “Hoyt Design Contest Entries Only”

That way, it will be very easy to see available designs. I might also suggest that a date is set on which designs can be submitted, so people have equal opportunity to earn likes, and less design influence is spread

I may be getting this wrong, but my 2c

6 Likes

Get on it :relaxed:

2 Likes