How to bind the Mini Remote [Serious]

What size is the battery cover screw, I stripped mine

1 Like

It appears to be an M2.5x8mm pan head machine screw with 4.0mm to 4.25mm head diameter, 7.5mm to 8mm shank length, <2mm thick head

3 Likes

Can confirm, those fit perfectly. Drop-in replacements.

1 Like

I plan to use a m 2.5 Allen screw cause I hate #4 screws

1 Like

I did not know this. absolute gold. thanks

1 Like

Having one receiver per ESC is one of my methods for reliability. Even if you lose signal or something totally breaks, you have another drivetrain still running fine…

2 Likes

so you don’t need a canbus or a y splitter? Could you in theory have one remote for 3 different boards? do you know what the limit is?

Correct. I call it “dual independent drive”

You’re making me wonder why I have so many remotes. Yes, I suppose you could… :thinking:

I do not.

2 Likes

Upgrade to tape (gaffer tape if you’re rich). No need for a #1 phillips on the road.

1 Like

Or magnets. I like magnets.

2 Likes

Beautiful I love this remote… now I just have to figure out how to attach a lanyard.

1 Like

Look for “SK12D07VG4” on ebay or aliexpress and you will find the correct replacement switch.

2 Likes

I drill through the bottom at an angle where the screw is. Take the screw out before drilling.

5 Likes

beautiful… I’ve just found my new favorite remote.

1 Like

ok fail safe position set. I love this remote…

1 Like

Does anyone has me a link to learn about remotes and different signals?

I am reading about 2.4Ghz remotes, the new Vesc6 is with bluetooth, the other like this. I really don´t get it. I just want to find the most reliable and safe option.

By the way @b264 you made me fall in love with your 2 receiver thing. I feel like it is an absoulute ABSOLUTE must. But then again I feel like if something would interfere to cancel out one for a short time why shouldn´t be the 2nd also affected by the interference?

As always thanks for the help

1 Like

Woah @b264. You are absolutely right. You convinced me to be a 2 receiver lover. I guess this forum will make me eventually a second @b264

1 Like

@b264 I don’t really know anything about pwm remotes, but my assumption for this to work I need to an extra receiver that uses the right protocol? Do you know what the mini remote uses? I couldn’t find the information anywhere online this product is listed.

Also your UK link appears to now go to the wrong remote.

The mini remote comes with a receiver. (if you buy from most esk8 vendors, one china site does sell it without a receiver) You can buy additional receivers from @torqueboards.

PWM is what a lot of folks are calling “PPM”, I’m not sure why Trampa started calling it that, I looked at the waveforms on an oscilloscope and they are most definitely pulse width modulated. The pulse position is not modulated, and in fact the pulses I’ve inspected have an intentional oscillation to prevent you from trying to detect/use it as PPM.

1 Like

@davdBanner I removed your link from the top because it was linking the wrong remote.