How to bind the Mini Remote [Serious]

Really confused what you did
Please could you help and explain

He basically made a dummie cell to complete the circuit. he can’t use two cells due to increased voltage

4 Likes

Hi, you have to use the Mini Remote receiver or the Redcat Racing E710 “Red” receiver. I don’t know of any other that will bind to the Mini Remote.

2 Likes

what @Mikenopolis said. Also, I came across this which might be the best solution of them all.

3 Likes

Wow, now that is a good idea. BMS and charge port, built right into the cell itself

Instead of a dummy cell you could also solder a wire across the other battery slot, it might be lighter and more reliable.

4 Likes

Yep. Would eliminate the need to take the battery out and put in a separate charger. Just open the back of the remote and put the cable in without taking the cell out. I wonder if you could cut a hole in the back door of the remote and align it to the charging port of the cell.

1 Like

I wonder if there is a Qi wireless charging solution that would fit in the space of the other AA slot

1 Like

Oooh and if you could get one of these in the cell so it could use a magnet charger set flush into the case.

973ba6fea8bbdf5469280c3f475912de

Pretend it’s micro usb please

2 Likes

I wonder. Haven’t seen a wireless charging adapter that small though. But wireless charging would mean you never need to open it so if you wire something like this by making a slit in the battery cover and connect to the battery and have the pad outside the remote and cover it with tape, it could work nicely.

@Venom121212 thats a legit good idea. Could use double sided tape on the cell to not have any rotational movement inside the case too. reduce stress on the port.

2 Likes

Ironically, that exact tiny adapter component has been lost in my house and is driving me absolutely nuts :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

I use this microUSB to magnet converter and heat shrink to cheap microUSB cables so I don’t have to pay their proprietary cables. Been working fine for two years now

Also the nub that plugs into your device is TIGHT, I wrap floss around it a few times and pull them out. DO NOT use pliers or you’ll break the magnet

6 Likes

Great idea. I have 14500’s around for flashlights but never thought of this lol.

Normal 14500 IMR cells are about 700-800mah, so there’s no way with that charge port and circuit, those cells are 750mah.

I’d recommend a normal 14500 with a Nitecore i2 or i4. Probably charge once a year… I guess one downside is you have to watch for overdischarge.

@Jbev you should sell those :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks, maybe I will once I get my own 3d printer, but @Venom121212 printed the case for this one.

Edit: I won’t because @avX already sells them, and has a non-commercial license on it. BTW, fantastic mod @avX.

4 Likes

@avX does too :grinning:

3 Likes

I sure do!

6 Likes

Glad you like it (:

2 Likes

I have this remote and instead of controlling via trigger it only lets me control using the wheel how do I change that?

You’re plugged into channel 1 on the receiver (the wheel). Move the wire to channel 2 (the trigger).

4 Likes