How to bind the Mini Remote [Serious]

Someone that loves the Mini Remote more than I do :smiley:

2 Likes

I didn’t think that was possible!

Maybe it’s just in the air here

2 Likes

Brian. I wanted to be friends. But now that I see you haven’t unscrewed the wheels off of your remotes I don’t know anymore… I’m a little sad now…

6 Likes

Out of all the remotes I currently own I have not one mini :joy:

Here’s the current remotes I own from favorite :arrow_right: least favorite

3 Likes

The vx1 is a perfectly good remote. But I like the feel of the throttle on the mini better

3 Likes

Not saying the mini is bad (it’s a great remote) I just personally like the feel of a thumb wheel more than the trigger.

1 Like

I learned binding was important the hard way. Also don’t try to catch a drive that is flayling around the table at full throttle because you turned your remote off…

6 Likes

Keep those wheels, there are things in the works. Don’t lose them :wink:

2 Likes

No no. I’m still traumatized from all the beeping trying to set speed modes in the olden metroboard days …

2 Likes

(I have more, should take a ridiculous photo)

8 Likes

I absolutely love the Mini. perfect size, travel. what’s the readout for?

1 Like

I think it’s just a sticker so he can tell 8.8.8 from 8.8.8 and so on.

8 Likes

voltmeter activated by that little push button below the display.

The idea is, the one flaw of the mini is that it uses AA and doesn’t like nimh AA’s lower voltage. So you either have to charge the AA fairly often, or carry spare alkalines and a small phillips (or do a lithium ion mod).

Alkalines last almost forever though, so perhaps the best thing is to be able to check state of charge easily, and use alkalines.

@BillGordon lol.

PS another mod I have to do is to hit the trigger with a heatgun to open it up a little for gloved use.

7 Likes

Oh, that’s pretty cool. My simple self carries spares and a jewelry tool set, but this is way better.

2 Likes

download%20(9) for ridiculous photo

1 Like

Some call it a flaw, others call it a bonus — since it works great from a single li-ion / lifepo4 cell voltage

1 Like

Just dropping by here to say that I also love my mini remotes. Reliable as fuck. Have not yet had a reason to use anything else, but I do want to try the Hoyt puck.

Really though for me, I enjoy the trigger more than thumb wheel

3 Likes

Hey guys, I’m wondering if the mini remote can bind with different receiver than the one that come with it
I have a HK GT2R but can’t manage to bind them together…
Also any idea where I could buy just the receiver in Europe, fast ?

1 Like

Great remote. Here is my simple mod. That battery seems to last weeks and weeks. Its ridiculous.

9 Likes