How to bind the Mini Remote [Serious]

It won’t matter. You can still use FOC. With dual receivers, it’s just like having two single-motor drivetrains attached to the same deck. In fact, it’s more reliable than a dual-motor setup. If something goes wrong on one side, the other side is unaffected. You can still use BLDC or FOC, unsensored or hybrid sensored, on either side however you want.

2 Likes

I’m starting to like the idea of dual receivers - I wonder about splitting the battery IE 1 per VESC… but think this might be overkill :slight_smile: ?

2 Likes

I’m seriously considering doing just that

2 charge ports?

No, the two batteries would be connected together at the charge port with 10A fuses.

If anything failed, one of the fuses would blow and isolate the faulty side from the rest

3 Likes

The wheel is channel 1 and the trigger is channel 2. Put the plug in row 2 on the receiver.

1 Like

Awesome - Just rode to work on it. I am in love. Also scared of how fast it is.

3 Likes

@b264 I put a nice new juicy Duracell B82rz in the remote - how long will it last average on daily use? And does the light flash if low battery?

No, the light won’t flash but you will feel little micro cutouts that get more frequent and more lengthy as the cell dies. I’ve never not been able to make it to my destination safely. I use the “Energizer Ultimate Lithium” AA batteries and they last a really, really long time. Like a year-ish. Regular cheap AA last at least a few months with daily use.

edit December 2019: Don’t take this advice, it’s outdated. I’ll say that using these cells can lead to brake failures as they die very abruptly as opposed to gradually

3 Likes

8 Likes

8 Likes

@b264 you need 2 more to beat out @rafaelinmissouri😂

2 Likes

Someone that loves the Mini Remote more than I do :smiley:

2 Likes

I didn’t think that was possible!

Maybe it’s just in the air here

2 Likes

Brian. I wanted to be friends. But now that I see you haven’t unscrewed the wheels off of your remotes I don’t know anymore… I’m a little sad now…

6 Likes

Out of all the remotes I currently own I have not one mini :joy:

Here’s the current remotes I own from favorite :arrow_right: least favorite

3 Likes

The vx1 is a perfectly good remote. But I like the feel of the throttle on the mini better

3 Likes

Not saying the mini is bad (it’s a great remote) I just personally like the feel of a thumb wheel more than the trigger.

1 Like

I learned binding was important the hard way. Also don’t try to catch a drive that is flayling around the table at full throttle because you turned your remote off…

6 Likes