How to bind the Mini Remote [Serious]

No, the left motor runs reverse and the red bar shows that

What does the “From VESC” bar do when you switch off the remote?

Nothing - doesn’t move. But the wheel turns fast

Change “Control Type” to Off.

sorry - I followed that instruction before I moved the USB cable to the next CAN

OK - so same result. I power the remote off- wheels spin in reverse…but the two indicator bars do not move from center

I am open to disabling reverse if I need to…I never use it…?

Update on this mini remote with the new PCB.

Yep it’s reliable. Used this on my race board and performed with no cutouts.

Now, the current aliexpress link i’ve been usually buying them from, the listing expired. Anyone has a link to get mini remotes? Gotta have a few spares around.

5 Likes

I followed this guide exactly and the thing refuses to pair, I’ve even had it working before but this time it just won’t do it. I had it running not 3 weeks ago.

1 Like

video of following the steps might help diagnose.

1 Like

Yep followed the video, did exactly as it was shown, which is the same way I’ve always done it, and it still won’t pair.

He’s saying you should take a video so we can diagnose it better

2 Likes

As you can see at the end, it just keeps blinking. I held it for up to a full minute while trying to pair it. (On try #6 here)

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this? I really don’t want to have to buy a new remote yet.

The batteries in your remote are dead. Replace them.

The fast flash red means insufficient input voltage.

2 Likes

what should I set the trim to? I’m thinking of trying to get it to 0 when nothing is being done, but that only gets me 74% throttle and 97% brake. if I set the trim to the point I can get 100% brake I only get 66% throttle.

it got cranked all the way by a little kid who was messing with it, what a rascal

I set the trim when I do the failsafe immediately after binding

After that you need to adjust the Pulselength Start, Pulselength End, and Pulselength Center numbers so that your trigger moves it from about -104% to +104%

And with the Mini Remote I prefer a 7% deadband; it seems to work well. 5% is about as sensitive as you can go, and 15% leaves a whole lot of slop.

This is an example that has been tuned, but every receiver is different, so your numbers may vary:

Screenshot from 2022-01-07 03-44-46

You want those numbers set so that letting go of the trigger averages about 0%, pulling it all the way back averages about 104%, and pushing it all the way forward averages about -104%

You need to click “Write App Settings” before the changed numbers will affect the realtime app data.

1 Like

ok… what do you mean by failsafe? like a dead man’s switch?

I used 5% deadband last time I was using this remote and I really liked that.

should I adjust the numbers up or down?

It’s all in the first post up top

1 Like

so I have to re-bind the remote to set it? I didn’t set it before taking out the loopkey. do I even need a failsafe?