How to bind the Mini Remote [Serious]

Couldnt find the same seller I used but it was identical to these in 10mm flat head, latching, normally open only.

1 Like

maybe something like this?

1 Like

Thank you both, gentle sirs

1 Like

A cool mod; linking the threads together

2 Likes

I bought the same remote but while programming the vesc the remote would only go up to 80% even after recalibrating, do you know a fix for this?

1 Like

Sure, try doing this :smiley:

How did it fare?

2 Likes

Seems to be as reliable as the OG one, no cutouts nor funny behavior.

3 Likes

I got a same remote+receiver on aliexpress, I have a hard time binding them. The led on the receiver flashes fast when itā€™s unbind, so I hold the bind button and turn on the remote. Led didnā€™t turn solid, only turned solid when I let go of the bind button. When led is solid, I remove the binding plug. Throttle works ok(didnā€™t know Iā€™m not supposed to hit throttle), as soon as I turn off receiver the motor went full throttle. I turned everything off and turn back on, they were unbind and wonā€™t pair automatically.
On the second time, I tried to bind with the same method without touching the throttle during the process, turn everything back on they wonā€™t pair.
The third time after checking the above video, I stopped letting go of the binding button, and it took above 2-4min for them to bind. Then I turned everything off, and turn them back on they just wonā€™t pair automatically.

Do you think I should I get a new rx/tx?

This means you need to set the failsafe. The timing of removing the bind key sets this.

This is absurdly long. Itā€™s typically about 3 or 4 seconds.

Thank your for the reply, I think I would have to get a new one.

1 Like

Turn on ā€œRT APPā€ on the right side of the tool. Change ā€œControl Typeā€ to Off. In the PPM > Mapping tab, look at the realtime pulselength information. Does it stay centered when you turn off the remote?

I will do this and post results tonight - thank you much

No, the left motor runs reverse and the red bar shows that

What does the ā€œFrom VESCā€ bar do when you switch off the remote?

Nothing - doesnā€™t move. But the wheel turns fast

Change ā€œControl Typeā€ to Off.

sorry - I followed that instruction before I moved the USB cable to the next CAN

OK - so same result. I power the remote off- wheels spin in reverseā€¦but the two indicator bars do not move from center