How do I choose a proper ESC?

I’m a bit on the fence here regarding Trampa, Frank often behaves badly, but their stuff has never failed me, top quality afaik.

4 Likes

I also have mixed feelings, but would buy from. Can’t say that for a good few others.

1 Like

I rock unity’s and stormcore’s. My unity’s haven’t failed me at all, but there is the the well known antispark issue, and I’m not sure if they’re back to having can chips or not. Stormcore’s are awesome, if you can afford it, I’d go that route. The power button being a battery gauge has saved me from opening vesctool to check many times.

1 Like

Frank has caused members of this community to leave because he felt their tiny scale hobby
was worthy of C&D letters, some of the most predatory business practice I’ve ever seen. You won’t ever see me with anything Trampa branded.

3 Likes

Sure, though that has literally nothing to do with the quality of their products. I’m not defending Frank here. Your emotionally charged decisions have no place in an objective discussion about VESCs. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

One of the first community v6 designs was done by @stewii and seen as reliable VESCs but only 50 duals and ~100 singles were made before he was strongly advised not to manufacture any more. Nobody should support a company that tries to limit the buyers choices. I believe this to be relevant information.

1 Like

On top of that, they did not threaten legal action on any companies(who also produced very similar products) that appear large enough to readily lawyer up. That’s the part that gets me on that one.

3 Likes

Im holding back a metric tonne of information for brevity and attempting not to derail this post too bad.

1 Like

This is the big kicker for me. Companies that bully smaller startups immediately go on my no no list.

That, and the whole they act like this while copying other products from small companies. That’s fucked up. But that’s all for now, I spend enough time in derail jail.

1 Like

never.

Trampa IR
TrampAIR
Air
Apex Airs
see the parallel there? If trampa was on the other side of this, they’d sue in about 2.3 milliseconds.

3 Likes

(Donald) Trumpa

I really get your point, and I made this thread to see through the stigmas and bad reputations the companies have, but I really do appreciate some knowledge into this.

I was actually extremely hyped to get a Trampa board one day before I started browsing forums. The plan was actually to ride the Verreal RS until the battery would begin to give me a bad range, and then I would jump onto Trampa boards with my 2 other mates.

I’m happy I didn’t spend a cent at Trampa

I got what I came for, the thread is now yours lol.

Thanks to everyone helping me out! It’s been an extremely helpful few days checking in here!

5 Likes

4 Likes

I find it funny when people say ‘’ if you can afford it’’… It has bluetooth and antispark integrated. All other with these specs and same power will cost more in the end and will be more or less reliable.

1 Like

And the power button is a battery indicator. That’s my favorite part. Besides the fact that it just works

4 Likes

if you don’t mind a 12s limit the DV6 Pro has been just taking whatever I throw at it no problem, it’s been great so far.

2 Likes

The casing touches the screw, which touches the ground plane on the internal screw holes.

1 Like

The metal case is left floating? It’s not grounded? Not good…:scream:

1 Like

My 100D has been great. im running 6.5" wheels so i end up touching 90% duty cycle/74amps for a few seconds while getting higher top speeds. Would this be near its limits, or is that full-boar for minutes at a time?

The cooling on it is also great considering how hard I ride.

1 Like