How do I choose a proper ESC?

Is there an Android UI for the Stormcore? Or is it Apple only?

Freesk8 app will work with stormcore

1 Like

Android uses vesctool app or freesk8 app

3 Likes

Also the official VESC app works with stormcore too.

1 Like

Im unsure if it has a main fuse?
The heat sinks definitely do not touch the fets directly, only through a thermal pad. The screws that hold everything together runs through the PCB Holes which are a ground plane. And there is a middle screw holding the PCB on the aluminium casing.

Any ideas where the main fuse would be?

Ideally, somewhere between the pack and anything else.
I was just talking conceptually though. If the pack had a main fuse then it would blow. Some packs are not fused.

Ah you mean a inline fuse for the battery. All good. I thought you meant a PCB fuse in the ESC.

There might be one there, still acting as the main fuse, if it’s “between” the battery pack and the ESC’s circuitry.

If anyone is curious, I ended up putting in an order for the Apex Predator, and will make a DIY street board from the beginning at some point :smile: The Verreal is going to be taken apart for spare parts.

7 Likes

Hell of an upgrade, dude. Congrats!

2 Likes

Thank you, im super excited for it! :smile: I have never ridden anything but Verreal except from countless longboards and other manual boards.

1 Like

Congrats! The Predator is a completely different world. Expect to take a little bit of time to get used to the bindings

3 Likes

Yea absolutely! Its been a childhood dream of mine to have some fort of board that would allow me to jump while riding it. Amazing to finally let it become reality! :smile:

4 Likes

According to this there’s only one ESC that’s good to 13s without using one rated for 16s, and that’s the Maker-X D60 witch seems to have hardware and firmware issues, is there no “12s rated” VESC I can use for 13s without getting one rated for 16s?

Don’t charge to full / don’t do harsh braking on a full battery and you can do 13s on any reliable 12s ESC pretty much. Even a unity could handle it, not that I’d recommend one.

2 Likes

So if I slap on my DV6 and just avoid braking for the first 1km I should be fine? 13s being only 54.6V should be good as long as I don’t cause a voltage spike right? And the DV6 uses 63V caps idk if that matters.

1 Like

That sounds acceptable to me, I’d try that.

1 Like

I ran 13s on escapes for ages. Was using hubs tho and always made sure i went for a good squirt before using the brakes. I did need to emergency brake a few times on a full battery and nothing died.

1 Like

AarrmPit

3 Likes

PenIS

2 Likes